This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

HD viewing in another room with any DVR?

Be aware that just because you can Sling the HD signal to other TVs, the result might not be HD. It has been this way in the past.

I have a sling player HD. I also have a Sling catcher, but I only have one HDTV. On my home network, I am not sure of the picture qualifies for HD.

I would reserve judgment until the device comes out and someone has a chance to review it.

Price will be a big deciding factor for me as well as if the picture is true hd. If it is more than $7.00 a month than it will make more sense to just add a 211k in dvr mode on a second hd tv. Right now you could have one dual tuner dvr and use the 211ks with dvr software on your other hd tvs in the house.

Not sure I follow what you are doing? There is no connection for TV2 output on the 722 that can even support HD bandwidth, so are you seeing an HD signal for TV2? Of course in single mode you'll get the HD channel out the coax, but it is down converted to SD. Just because you can see the channel does not make it HD.

And there is no such thing as component audio so RF has to be better.

Of course in single mode you'll get the HD channel out the coax, but it is down converted to SD.
You don't need to be in single mode to watch a program from an HD channel on TV2. You can tune an HD channel normally from TV2. As you point out, it will be downconverted on the conventional TV2 outputs (both RF and composite).

You don't need to be in single mode to watch a program from an HD channel on TV2. You can tune an HD channel normally from TV2. As you point out, it will be downconverted on the conventional TV2 outputs (both RF and composite).

Correct, not sure why I said single mode.

Could you explain this more, please

IF the cost of adding the Hd media extender to use the tv 2 sling feature on another hd tv has a cost more than $7.00 a month , it would make more sense to just add the 211k and pay for the dvr software. I have already paid for the software on my son's 211k so it would only cost $7.00 a month for the extra receiver cost monthly. Knowing DISH they will try to charge much more than $7.00 a month making the price not worth it to add the media hd extender. Look at the 922 and the new dvr fee for that receiver. It is at $10.00 a month, or $4.00 more a month than a regular vip receiver.