HDCP PPV Error

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Juan

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
For some unknown reason I decided to order an HD ppv movie via the internet. I have a Toshiba DLP TV that is connected via hdmi and is about 6 years old. My 211 receiver wont let me watch the movie do to HDCP issues. I tried to go under diagnostics and reset the HDMI but that option is grayed out for me.. Dish tech support says my TV is too old!! Any suggestions?

I have the same problem with a year old Sony Bravia. Dish told me it was a software issue on their side. As to yours, with a tv that old it may not have HDCP compliance. On the Dish site it stated tv's made since 2005 should work. You could try using component cables.

It amazes me how blind the content companies are. They think DRM (Digital Rights Management) such as this will help prevent piracy. I say it adds to it. I can purchase an HD PPV, and switch around my HDMI for some other cable, have it downrez it because it's not happy about DRM not being present, or stare at a screen telling me there is an HDCP issue, and lose my money....or....

I can go to pirate bay, download the 1080p mkv file, and watch it via HDMI with no problems whatsoever. I have never heard of a computer complaining about DHCP when watching pirated material.

How does making a product or service more difficult to use, taking away features, and limiting ability to play in certain situations make them more competitive?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)