Hdmi or standard 2 cables

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

excalibur

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 14, 2006
Hi,

A the audio visuel result is better with a hdmi cable than the standard 3 cables which are included with a new hdtv.

HDMI will be the first choice. The next step down will be HDMI/DVI plus audio cables. Component plus audio would be the minimum for any HDTV.

My visual experience with 622 so far concludes that component output is somewhat softer than HDMI. Also, the contents from component and audio are slightly delayed compare HDMI. I am wondering if that is the one contribute to audio out of sync issue with 622. I have only experienced once when the audio out of sync, which was the one 622 that I had used with component output. I have not had any issues with HDMI output at all.

hzhao said:
...My visual experience with 622 so far concludes that component output is somewhat softer than HDMI...I have not had any issues with HDMI output at all.
Tks for that feedback, hzhao! I am still troubled with the "no HDMI" problem with my 622 and Sony TV and hoping the 3.57 update fixes it. So thus far I have been restricted to the component outputs only. (Well, the composites also work, but that's certainly not HD!) So I (and others with similar problems) have been wondering if there was a visible difference between HDMI and composite, which you have just confirmed. I have verified that my Sony's HDMI input works (at least from the 811's DVI output) and at least one other poster has confirmed that the same exact TV works with the HDMI of his 622. I'll give E* another week to "fix" this problem, as I committed to them, and if it isn't fixed with this pending new SW version then I'll demand a replacement...

Tks again and BRgds...

get the hdmi, better picture and sound. plus it's nice having 1 cable instead of 5 behind your tv. they are cheap too, you can get one for 6 bucks from monoprice.com

sams0n said:
get the hdmi, better picture and sound. plus it's nice having 1 cable instead of 5 behind your tv. they are cheap too, you can get one for 6 bucks from monoprice.com
I have every intention of using HDMI exclusively as soon as I can get it working. Got a $10 cable to make it work, and yes, that was confirmed to not be the issue...

Tks and BRgds...

It can vary based on receiver and TV combination, as to which connection is better.

Using first an 811, then a 942, the component video is noticably better than the DVI-HDMI connection on both. Many others have reported the same.

I would connect both and compare them. After all, you paid a lot for your system, you should watch whichever yields the best picture in your setup.

With my 942 and RCA HDTV, I prefer component over HDMI. I like the slightly softer look of the component cables, but I have to use HDMI, since my component inputs are being used by other things.

!

Tom Bombadil said:
It can vary based on receiver and TV combination, as to which connection is better...I would connect both and compare them. After all, you paid a lot for your system, you should watch whichever yields the best picture in your setup.
Tks Tom B - yeah that makes sense of course. The 622 is reported to have a great HDMI picture - I just need to experience it! But given all the issues with the HDMI output I'm inclined to leave the composite connection to the Sony (which has more than enough inputs for my simple system!) as a "back-up" even after I get the HDMI connection working (and that WILL happen, right E* ???), and of course to also make that comparision. Any the winner is...? Stay tuned...!

Since I don't have much competion for HD connections on my set ... it has 1 HDMI input and 2 sets of component inputs, and all I have are my 942 and a DVD player with component out, I've gone ahead and left both my HDMI and component connected.

I occasionally compare them. The HDMI connection has a slightly washed-out appearance, with less vivid colors than the component. This could be the 942, or it could be the HDMI interface of my TV.

I would leave them both connected until there is a need to free one up. When I get around to upgrading to a 622, I'll do the same.

WARNING: The 622 is having severe problems with their HDMI output. After a few weeks or months of use, the picture goes black for many users. They believe this to be a software bug, but go with Component video (red,blue,green video cables) until the matter is fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)