HDMI Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jjjones

Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
Pacific Northwest
Gentlemen,

I am somewhat embarrassed to be asking this question but I have been unable to get an explanation that makes sense to me so I will describe my problem and hope for some answers.

I have a 42 Fujitsu plasma that I have been unable to use the DVI connector from my 921. I have been told that the plasma is not HDCP compliant and will not accept a digital input from the 921. I am ordering a 622 and I am wondering if the HDMI interface still transfers an HDCP encoded signal?

The plasma is only 3 years old and I am surprised it cannot display HDCP signals via the DVI interface, it works great with component cables and 15 pin Dsub connectors.

Any help will we greatly appreciated
Thanks,
J.J.Jones

Sorry to say this, but

Yes HDCP is here to stay. You will have to use the component inputs with your plasma to use the 622.

The only way I know that you could work around this is to get a 211 box modded with the R5000 usb output at nextcomwireless, then output the stream using software that converts the .ts stream to video via a personal computer.

Chris

I have the same issue with my NEC Plasma. I have resorted to using just my compenent connections, but it would be nice to use DVI or HDMI. When HD-DVD finally comes around, I would have liked to use reserve the component for that.

petrozio said:
When HD-DVD finally comes around, I would have liked to use reserve the component for that.

If things go as I expect, you'll only be able to see high-def DVDs if the down-rez flag is off, otherwise, your analog output will be down-rez'd.

It's a sad state of affairs when the early adopters (the ones who funded the fledgling technology) will be snubbed and forced to purchase new monitors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)