HDMI Switch = NO HD AUDIO

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sheelo

Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
I recently purchased the GXT 4port HDMI switch from a local futureshop "toronto" very easy to setup and video quality is excellent. the thing that is really messing me up is i dont get the hd audio blu-ray/hddvd/ps3 to switch the from swith to my pionner vsx9120. if i connect the components directly to receiver then everything works fine. can someone shed some light please

I recently purchased the GXT 4port HDMI switch from a local futureshop "toronto" very easy to setup and video quality is excellent. the thing that is really messing me up is i dont get the hd audio blu-ray/hddvd/ps3 to switch the from swith to my pionner vsx9120. if i connect the components directly to receiver then everything works fine. can someone shed some light please

Is your switch HDMI 1.3 compliant? I just bought a HDMI 1.3 compliant switch from monoprice for when I add a bitstreaming capable receiver.

Is this your switch? If so, it should work.

Future Shop: Computer Add-Ons: Networking: GXT 4-Port v1.3a HDMI Switcher

This one works for me. The remote is responsive, too.

For only $34.50 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 4X1 Enhanced 1.3b Certified HDMI Switch with built-in Equalizer and Remote (REV.3.0) | Auto/Powered HDMI Switch

One thing of note, I did read this about HDMI 1.3...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hdmi#HDMI_1.3a

Optionally supports output of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio streams for external decoding by AV receivers.[45] TrueHD and DTS-HD are lossless audio codec formats used on Blu-ray Discs and HD DVDs. If the disc player can decode these streams into uncompressed audio, then HDMI 1.3 is not necessary, as all versions of HDMI can transport uncompressed audio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts