HDnet Exclusive Coverage of Nasa's Return Flight

I was watching the Shuttle countdown today and noticed that HDNet was not really LIVE!!! :shocked
It was almost 10 seconds behind NASA TV! Why did they have to go into such delay mode? I don't understand!

That's simple. There's a bigger delay when transmitting HD.

Plus I Think NASA TV is probably sent to their satellite from the Cape.

With HDNet the remote feed is uplinked to a satellite, downlinked to HDNet, HDNet uplinks again, Dish downlinks, Dish Uplinks, you downlink. (well it's only 2 more processes so you get the idea)

Isn't it the same number of uplinks/downlinks with NASA TV?
You might be right about HDTV taking more time, but still, 8-10 second delay seems too much...

Also HDnews aired footage and a report of the flight yesterday and before yesterday. I'd be they would have had footage of the take off as well. We'll see what happens Saturday.

HDNet still has exclusive coverage of all the stuff.

The only thing HDNews could do is set up a camera in the press area like everyone else

Which implies the "exclusive" word is being used very loosely. I understood that if someone has exclusivity of an event no one else could broadcast from the same location. Look at what happens to the sports events. No one besides the broadcast company could broadcast from the same location. Also, since this is a public event, funded by the American people, I find it quite amusing that it is being considered an exclusive event by a Network. Do not get me wrong I applaud HDnet for doing it. I just have a problem understanding the exclusivity of the event and their use of the language.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts