HDNet, NASCAR Announce 3rd Season HD Racing

gdarwin

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 9, 2005
Lousville, KY

NASCAR and HDNet announced the 2006 broadcast schedule for the network's third season of live coverage of the NASCAR Grand National Division, a tier of NASCAR's Regional Racing Series, featuring the Busch East Series and AutoZone West Series.

Live coverage begins with the AutoZone West Series race on Thursday, April 20 at 11 p.m. ET from Phoenix International Raceway. The coverage continues on Saturday, April 29 at 11 p.m. ET from Stockton, California at Stockton 99 Speedway. The first Busch East Series telecast of the season is scheduled for Saturday, June 10 at 9 p.m. ET from Greenville-Pickens Speedway in South Carolina (entire schedule is following).

"We're really excited to continue our relationship with NASCAR," said Mark Cuban, co-founder and president of HDNet. "As our subscriber base continues to grow, we hear more and more how much our viewers love to catch NASCAR on HDNet - and we"re happy to bring them another exciting season of racing."

The HDNet broadcast team of Mike Hogewood, Pat Patterson, Dave Burns, Dan Pardus and Kandace Krueger will announce the action, which will be produced and telecast in 1080i HDTV.

SPEED will also re-air each of the HDNet-produced NASCAR Grand National Division races in standard definition.

I'm not that much of a racing fan but since the Busch series is becoming Nextel lite I would think that the HDNet races would prove to be just as entertaining.

Let's hope they do a better job than NASCAR productions. Too many SD cameras being used right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)