HDnet on VOOM...Not in the immediate future...But maybe later on?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
HDnet on VOOM?

I read at Yahoo that Mark Cuban said "no way" to HDnet being added to VOOM. So I decided to send an email to Mark as well to find out. You can send an email to him through this page

Mark's response:

no chance right now.. If you go to voom , you will lose HDNet.

Original e-mail:

Mark,

Is there any chance that you would let VOOM carry HDnet & HDnet Movies if you guys come to a contract negotiation agreement? I have HDnet through Echostar but will be moving to VOOM soon because VOOM has added all the premium HD channels and Echostart has been very slow to do so. Any chance that one day HDnet can be seeing on VOOM. Thanks.

I wonder why they would not let Voon carry them? As long as they pay who cares.

Possibly Voom's connection to cable?

Here in Dallas, HDNet (an OTA version) can be seen locally OTA on UPN at certain times. Last year HDNet OTA used to show Maverick games in HD. Comcast, at least locally, supports IN-HD rather than HDNET. Because of this, they stopped showing HD Mav games because cable would get whatever the UPN stations get and Cuban doesn't want to give HD Mav games to cable.

If I am not mistaken, I think HDnet is also carried by TWC. I have to go back and read at AVS to verify this. Marks small remark seem to say that in the immediate future there is no possibility for HDnet to show up in VOOM but there is a possibility that it might show up later on. I think he has left the door open. As to why? I do not know but maybe there is some restriction somewhere that we do not know. Just my $0.02

Here's my message and response to Mark:
-----Original Message-----
To: <mark@hd.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 12:52:43 -0500
Subject: HDNET on Voom?

Mark:

HDNet isn't currently available to me as a VOOM customer. I've heard
great things about your channel, will you consider having it broadcast
on VOOM?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mark Cuban's response:

not at this time, we are happy with our current distributors.

We plan on continuing to expand our HDNet and HDNet MOvies programming.
So you are missing quite a bit !

thanks,

M
HDNet, TV like you have never seen it before ! www.hd.net
And check out the hottest Mavs fashions at www.mavgear.com

Hmmmm...From his response there are definitly big money reasons why HDNet isn't on Voom. Too bad because the two are a natural fit. Anyway, Voom HD content kicks ass without him I say its Cubans loss. So, who do we need to contact to get INHD????

-Chris

Sounds like sour grapes - any carrier would want to increase audience subs as they translate into increased advertising revenue.

better chance of inhd

I think i read somewhere that inhd was partially owned by comcast and cablevision. Probobly why mark doesnt want hdnet on voom. I dont think you find it on cablevision or comcast systems either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)