HDNet to MPEG-4

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KKlare

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 18, 2003
Los Alamos, NM
Based on a sample of 1 program (Coastlines from Above), it looks from the MBs that HDNet is finally in MPEG-4.
So how many HD channels are still in MPEG-2? Or MPEG-4 encapsulated MPEG-2?
-Ken

Based on a sample of 1 program (Coastlines from Above), it looks from the MBs that HDNet is finally in MPEG-4.
So how many HD channels are still in MPEG-2? Or MPEG-4 encapsulated MPEG-2?
-Ken

Huh? It's been MPEG4 for quite a while. All HD on DishNetwork's system as been MPEG4 for quite some time now.

There hasn't been MPEG-4 encapsulated MPEG-2. Now there has been channels flagged as MPEG2 ViP, where only ViP receivers would tune them, but it was still MPEG2.

I defer to you, I was confused. I was saying this because the same 1/2 hour recoding dropped from 1962 MB to 1380. This is still high, 3312 MB/hr with 25 min realized of 30 recorded. Current MPEG-4 recording ranges from 1700 to 2700 for most. So it still high on bandwidth usage. I have not seen that kind of drop except when replacing an MPEG-2 with an MPEG-4.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)