HDNet to show NASCAR stars in Race of Champions 12/4

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Source

HDNet will give US racing fans an exclusive opportunity to watch NASCAR stars Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson as they compete in the 2004 Race of Champions and Nations Cup event, live from the famous Stade de France in Paris.

The entire event will be available to US television viewers in 1080i high-definition television (HDTV) on HDNet on Saturday 4 December at 10:30am ET, followed by a prime-time repeat at 8:30pm ET.

The event is an end-of-season international racing showdown featuring two unique individual and team competitions. First, in the Race of Champions, 16 of the world's best drivers compete in a series of head-to-head heats in identical cars to determine the individual "Champion of Champions." Then, in the Nations Cup the same drivers compete in national teams of two in a bid to determine "The World's Fastest Nation."

Representing Team USA, four-time NASCAR Champ Gordon and 14-time NASCAR Cup Series race winner Johnson will be looking to recapture the ROC Nations Cup, after claiming the first Cup ever for the U.S. in the 2002 competition.

They will be competing against the top European drivers including F1 World Champion Michael Schumacher for Germany, World Rally Champion Sebastien Loeb for France, and F1 Grand Prix winner David Coulthard of Great Britain.

PQ was excellent and the announcers were not too bad. The format of the event was pretty weird though. Oh well, euros.

I'm watching the repeat now. Looks excellent. I wonder why they're recording in HDTV in Europe? I guess its for one of their DBS companies. As far as I know, there isn't OTA HDTV in Europe yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)