Hdnet's Rescheduled Exclusive Hdtv Coverage Of Shuttle Launch

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
HDNET'S RESCHEDULED EXCLUSIVE HDTV COVERAGE OF SHUTTLE LAUNCH BEGINS AT 6:00 AM EDT JULY 26

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - DALLAS - July 22, 2005

WHAT: NASA will restart the countdown clock on Saturday, headed for a liftoff of NASA's Space Shuttle Discovery at 10:39 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, July 26. HDNet will be the only U.S. television network to bring viewers entire launch-to-landing coverage in stunning high-definition television.

HDNet has been working closely with NASA for months to upgrade their cameras to 1080i HD and to install new HD cameras and equipment throughout Kennedy Space Center, so that viewers can have an exclusive front-row seat for the pre-flight and boarding routine, the countdown from inside NASA's "firing room," and the historic launch. An HD camera with a special lens will then follow the shuttle as far as 33 miles into the earth's atmosphere.

HDNet will also take advantage of the exclusivity the network has on all HD launch video to repurpose and present unique rebroadcasts of the launch long before other networks are able.

WHEN: Live, uninterrupted coverage begins at 6:00 a.m. EDT on July 26 and continues through the 10:39 a.m. liftoff.

The entire coverage will be repeated on Saturday, July 30 at 11:30 a.m.
EDT. HDNet will also be live on location for the landing scheduled for
12 days later.

"Once again, HDNet is leading the way with innovative and exclusive programming for our viewers," said Mark Cuban of HDNet. "While other networks are beholden to business as usual, only HDNet will bring launch-to-landing coverage of the Shuttle Discovery, without talking heads interrupting this historic return to space."

Cuban continued: "HDTV is a completely new entertainment medium and only HDNet tailors programming to the advanced resolution, sound and widescreen picture HD offers. The launch of the Shuttle Discovery will be a thrilling experience on HDNet and we are proud to be partnering with NASA to present it exactly as those at the launch pad will see it."

Source

Sean Mota said:
HDNET'S RESCHEDULED EXCLUSIVE HDTV COVERAGE OF SHUTTLE LAUNCH BEGINS AT 6:00 AM EDT JULY 26

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - DALLAS - July 22, 2005

WHAT: NASA will restart the countdown clock on Saturday, headed for a liftoff of NASA's Space Shuttle Discovery at 10:39 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, July 26. HDNet will be the only U.S. television network to bring viewers entire launch-to-landing coverage in stunning high-definition television.

HDNet has been working closely with NASA for months to upgrade their cameras to 1080i HD and to install new HD cameras and equipment throughout Kennedy Space Center, so that viewers can have an exclusive front-row seat for the pre-flight and boarding routine, the countdown from inside NASA's "firing room," and the historic launch. An HD camera with a special lens will then follow the shuttle as far as 33 miles into the earth's atmosphere.

HDNet will also take advantage of the exclusivity the network has on all HD launch video to repurpose and present unique rebroadcasts of the launch long before other networks are able.

WHEN: Live, uninterrupted coverage begins at 6:00 a.m. EDT on July 26 and continues through the 10:39 a.m. liftoff.

The entire coverage will be repeated on Saturday, July 30 at 11:30 a.m.
EDT. HDNet will also be live on location for the landing scheduled for
12 days later.

"Once again, HDNet is leading the way with innovative and exclusive programming for our viewers," said Mark Cuban of HDNet. "While other networks are beholden to business as usual, only HDNet will bring launch-to-landing coverage of the Shuttle Discovery, without talking heads interrupting this historic return to space."

Cuban continued: "HDTV is a completely new entertainment medium and only HDNet tailors programming to the advanced resolution, sound and widescreen picture HD offers. The launch of the Shuttle Discovery will be a thrilling experience on HDNet and we are proud to be partnering with NASA to present it exactly as those at the launch pad will see it."

Source

Saw the lead up to the scrubbed launch and it was great quality!!! They were right in the "White Room" where they load the astronauts and also had some SD cameras inside the shuttle as they strrapped them into their seats. Good job HDNET!!!! Can't wait to see liftoff in HD!!!!!

Dammit I forgot to set my timer to record it and I am out of town for the rest of the week, don't even have TV here. Sling box would come in handy about now.

John Walsh said:
Dammit I forgot to set my timer to record it and I am out of town for the rest of the week, don't even have TV here. Sling box would come in handy about now.
It would have to be a manual timer. HDNET is still showing regular programming in my guide data.

I'd love to record the entire event, but if I do, I am going to have to give up some of my HD content... Wintalkers, Charlies Angels, all 3 Matrix movies... Something has to go... *sigh*

Maybe I can stay up.. only 2.5 more hours to go... :sleeo

IMO, this is a 5 hour show for something that it is going to take less than 10 minutes. Last time I recorded the whole thing and found it to be just a waste. Watch the HDnet World Report tonight at 8pm. They will have those 10 minutes.

Wow that was awesome.

There was a camera (SD) attached to the fuel tank and we watched as discovery seperated from the tank :)

Nothing else to see now....

Sean Mota said:
IMO, this is a 5 hour show for something that it is going to take less than 10 minutes. Last time I recorded the whole thing and found it to be just a waste. Watch the HDnet World Report tonight at 8pm. They will have those 10 minutes.

Where was that advice yesterday?? :D LOL!!!

Couldn't see anything really, too cloudy in Orlando. It goes up fast, you really don't get an idea of how fast until you see it in person from a distance!!!

Yeah, it was kewl. It finally showed up in my guide data about 30 minutes before. So I DVR'd the whole thing.

Sean was right... after 5 hours.. the last 10 minutes were the only thing that needed recorded.

When/if E* ever comes out with DVR editing, that would be a sweet *feature*.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)