Hdtax

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gio164

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
Do you think D* will change their policy regarding the hdtax?

Considering DirecTV does not have a policy regarding a "HD Tax" I would guess not. They do however have a NFL ST HD premium charge (aka superfan) which I do not agree with, nor do I think they will change it for this upcoming season for which they have already announced.

charper1 said:
Considering DirecTV does not have a policy regarding a "HD Tax" I would guess not. They do however have a NFL ST HD premium charge (aka superfan) which I do not agree with, nor do I think they will change it for this upcoming season for which they have already announced.
Thanks for clearing that up. I guess nobody would know what I meant by "hdtax".

Heck no they won't, but I did change my "subscription" policy and I will no longer subscribe to NFL ST, as a matter of principal. I actually canned my HD Pack and premiums altogether. The service loses more value every time they hike the prices.

charper1 said:
Apparently, they do now, as per this response from them in reply to my
inquiry as to the fees for H/D feeds......
"High definition programming is some of the most expensive that we carry due to what we pay to distribute it and the bandwidth we use to deliver it. This is why we can no longer offer these HD games for free and have created this new package. NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan " :no

BUT its still not a TAX its a subscription fee, and a high one that no one likes. They should have just raised the NFL ST subscription fee to $249 for everyone and left everything included. No matter what they reply or how mad we get, or no matter what label we want to give it to grab attention, its not a tax.

charper1 said:
BUT its still not a TAX its a subscription fee, and a high one that no one likes. They should have just raised the NFL ST subscription fee to $249 for everyone and left everything included. No matter what they reply or how mad we get, or no matter what label we want to give it to grab attention, its not a tax.
I agree with that....Im a Direct sub but cant afford the NFL ticket anyway. As with everything in life you have to pay more for something better. I dont by any means think its right. Direct would make more money if they raised everyone like charper1 says....but the fact that Directv has a response that HD costs money and is expensive shows that they will rasie prices everytime they add HD. What I cant understand is that Direct has nothing to do with the production of the product. They simply are a go between from the football nets and the fans. Direct pays a huge amount to have the right to broadcast the feeds but they have nothing to do with actual production of the product that we are watching. Like Voom did with their HD Pack....they borrowed some programming and produced actual HD programming. Will Direct lower their prices....NO WAY. For all HD lovers out their, the future of HD might seem to be good because of all the new sats they are launching....but at what price? Look at what the HD pack is now......is that value? If people dont take a stand now....Direct will continue to impose HD penalties. Dish might have certain disadvanges but right now I feel that Direct will eventually cost too much for me to sub to. Im looking foward to new HD national ch's...but at what price?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts