hdtv in a bundle widescreens aren't 720p

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jeffdan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 25, 2004
hdtv in bundle with the 34 inch direct view or 40 inch widescreen aren't 720p compatible,(althougth the 811 and 921 reciever are). espnhd transmits in 720p, so how will this work if your tv doesn't support it. will it automatically climb to 1080i or jump down to 480p. i doubt it will climb to 1080i. does anyone have any ideas about this. this is a big bummer from dish. they make a tv that is supposed to harness the greatness of high definition but fail to achieve the complete overall spectrum of hdtv, being that of 480p, 520p, 720p, and 1080i

jeffdan said:
espnhd transmits in 720p, so how will this work if your tv doesn't support it?
The receiver will upconvert to 1080i - it converts to whatever setting you tell it to use (but no "native" pass through setting IIRC).

As far as formats go, I want to see 1080p/24 introduced for HD movie channels. THAT should look really sharp and would get rid of the conversion from 24fps to 60 half fps that one gets with 1080i.

JL

justalurker said:
The receiver will upconvert to 1080i - it converts to whatever setting you tell it to use (but no "native" pass through setting IIRC).

As far as formats go, I want to see 1080p/24 introduced for HD movie channels. THAT should look really sharp and would get rid of the conversion from 24fps to 60 half fps that one gets with 1080i.

JL

No it would not. 1080p 24 still has to get converted to 60fps as 24fps filickers very badly and it would be almost impossible to watch.

Very few HDTV's actually support 720P natively, it requires a higher scan frequency than 1080i so it would cost more to implement 720P into the TV's. Most sets that support 720P natively are fixed pixel digital displays like projectors, Plasma, DLP, LCD, LCOS, DILA, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts