HDTV Set For DXing??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

elder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
Has anyone found a set that will work for DXing, that is channel freq can be entered without a scan?

Has anyone found a set that will work for DXing, that is channel freq can be entered without a scan?

On both the DTVPal and Insignia boxes you can go into the MENU to add stations manually. From there you can enter the actual broadcast frequency. You will see if any signal is present and can also view it's strength.

John

On both the DTVPal and Insignia boxes you can go into the MENU to add stations manually. From there you can enter the actual broadcast frequency. You will see if any signal is present and can also view it's strength.

John
The Insignia/Zenith converter boxes are also great if you have more than 1 station on the same frequency. You can easily remap any lost stations by simply entering the "real" channel number using the remote. This is much more convenient than doing a re-scan.

At first, I didn't realize that dx'ing was causing me to lose a few of my more local channels; due to the re-mapping that was from occuring from dx'ing distant stations. The manual tuning feature is also an excellent tool for finding new stations.

The old Sami 151 is good for DXing, you can direct enter DTV chs, you can even have more that one set of say 7.1/7.2 I can get 7.1 from more that one city ant the same time.

If you are in the flat mid west area of the U.S. any ATSC receiver should work for ATSC DXing. The newer A/74 compliant ATSC receivers are what I use now. These tuners have multi signal processing that handle signal delay kind of mimics OFDM type modulation. Unfortunately the ATSC receiver manufacturers dont list if they are A/74 compliant in the the manual. For HDTV DXing I know the Samsung DTB-H260F and the ePVision PHD-205 use A/74 compliant chips all of the coupon approved converter boxes have to be A/74 compliant all dont seem to be equal. I recently purchased an Apex DT250 converter box first day testing the DXing capabilities did 110 miles in Florida. The Samsung DTB-H260F, ePVision PHD-205, and Apex DT250 do have manual channel input.

Last edited:
If you are in the flat mid west area of the U.S. any ATSC receiver should work for ATSC DXing. The newer A/74 compliant ATSC receivers are what I use now. These tuners have multi signal processing that handle signal delay kind of mimics OFDM type modulation. Unfortunately the ATSC receiver manufacturers dont list if they are A/74 compliant in the the manual. For HDTV DXing I know the Samsung DTB-H260F and the ePVision PHD-205 use A/74 compliant chips all of the coupon approved converter boxes have to be A/74 compliant all dont seem to be equal. I recently purchased an Apex DT250 converter box first day testing the DXing capabilities did 110 miles in Florida. The Samsung DTB-H260F, ePVision PHD-205, and Apex DT250 do have manual channel input.

Are you sure about the Sami DTB-H260F, I talked to a guy a few days ago and he said you had to scan to add new channels. No direct input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)