Not open for further replies.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Entire article: here

LOS ANGELES - John Ritter, whose portrayal of the bumbling but lovable Jack Tripper helped make the madcap comedy series "Three's Company" a smash hit in the 1970s, has died of a heart problem, his publicist said Friday. He was 54.

I really liked him in Three's Company. Even after the show was cancelled. I was not a fan of "8 Simple Rules" but I liked Clifford the Red Dog. I believe he was the voice behind it. He will be missed!!! :(

I came home after work and caught it on Fox News. Apparently some sort of heart problem was the cause.

Always liked him in whatever he was in. Looking back, Three's Company wasn't high-class entertainment by any means, but he definitely made it watchable.

RIP

I just posted this in the Politics and Current event forum as well

Sorry, John. I did not see it. You may want to merge this thread with the other and moving this one.

I seen part of the 8 show where they did a parady on Three's Company and it was pretty funny. One or two of his daughters were living a guy and the girls tried to pass them off as being "gay" and the guy tripped over things like Jack did so it was funny.

It should have been with a guy not "living a guy."
Damn Insert button!

Very sad news :( I wonder what will happen with his show? I assume they will show the episodes that are finished, but will they continue with the show after that?

Heart ailment claims "Three's Company" star John R

What choice does ABC have? They've got to air the episodes that were already produced. That show is (was?) one of the few hits ABC even has (had?).

The real question is what will happen to the rest of the cast? Everybody knows Katey Sagal from "Married...With Children" and "Futurama". What abot Kaley Couco ("Bridget Hennessy"), Amy Davidson ("Carrie Hennessy") and Martin Spanjers ("Rory Hennessy")?

The last thing I saw involving John Ritter came in the first hour of the "Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon" back on August 31st. It was a pre-filmed segment done on the "8 Simple Rules..." set.

In closing, how's this for a bad case of timing? His wife is actress Amy Yasbeck. She turned 40 on Friday the 12th. The one daughter they had together, Stella, turned 5 years old on Thursday the 11th.

P.S. How did Don Knotts outlive John? I thought he'd be the next person to pass on from that show. (Norman Fell and Audra Lindley, a.k.a. The Ropers, are both dead.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts