Hellllppppp

mikewv100

Original poster
May 14, 2004
I have been going nuts for 6 weeks. I have had Voom installed for 6 weeks and I have called at least 8 times with OTA problems. I have told them repeatedly that I cannot get NBC HD 23.1 or channel 11 Fox. Neither are listed on the Voom Program Guide. The people at Installs want to upgrade the dish. How can this help bring in a channel that I cannot tune to???

Any help on making them understand this would be greatful. mMy zip is 25560.

That channel is not mapped yet. A upgraded dish won't do diddly.

Hang in there till the next STB upgrade which is supposed to add OTA scanning. The update is supposedly near.

Mr. Biggles said:
That channel is not mapped yet. A upgraded dish won't do diddly.

Hang in there till the next STB upgrade which is supposed to add OTA scanning. The update is supposedly near.
The update was coming last month but didnt get here. Why should we believe it will be here this month?

Mike,

send me an email to Sean_ Mota@satelliteguys.us. Describe which channels you are missing and state your full address. I will send the information to VOOM and the company that works on the mapping. At least they can get started with this one until the new software is released. The new software will be released when ready. I do not know whether it is going to be tomorrow or next week or within the nex two tweeks. Wilt has said two weeks but I am sure Voom is being extra careful about this one.

I was also told it would be last month and here it is, the 1st week of June already
gone and still no OTA scanning. I wanted my OTA squared away and I still don't
have it correct. Been fighting (via calls, email, and certified mail) for quite some
time and have completely given up. The Scanning software would end alot of
the problems and complaints for alot of people. This should be of the HIGHEST
priority for VOOM. I can not figure out why it is taking soooo long for the software.
I like Voom and don't think that I will give it up. Most of the other problems
can be solved by yourself,,,Rain fade, buy a bigger dish. Can't pull in the locals
but you have them programed in correct,,,buy a bigger antenna, put it on a
rotor and you will be in business... Don't like the programming that Voom has on
the first 10 channels,,, switch to hbo or any other station. The programming will
get better I am sure...
Enough, from Klamath Falls, Oregon

mikewv100 said:
I have been going nuts for 6 weeks. I have had Voom installed for 6 weeks and I have called at least 8 times with OTA problems. I have told them repeatedly that I cannot get NBC HD 23.1 or channel 11 Fox. Neither are listed on the Voom Program Guide. The people at Installs want to upgrade the dish. How can this help bring in a channel that I cannot tune to???

Any help on making them understand this would be greatful. mMy zip is 25560.

The upgraded dish won't help with OTA, but take it anyway - you'll need it to avoid rain fade!

vurbano said:
The update was coming last month but didnt get here. Why should we believe it will be here this month?

It's software... Software is always delayed. Hopefully it means it will be that much cleaner of a release and contain fewer new bugs. I think they are just being extra careful because with all the new subscribers Voom is signing up these days, this could be their make-or-break release of STB software. Also, the OTA manual scanning sounds like a major new enhancement and will require a lot of testing to make sure it's right so we all can stop complaining about our OTA channel channel mapping woes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)