Hello From Northern Michigan

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ScottwKelley

Original poster
Jan 19, 2010
Petoskey, Mi
This is my first post here and I know it won't be my last.
Just wanted to introduce myself and get familiar with what everyone is talking about. But I do not see anything about retailers or is it you have to join the pub to discuss Dish Network Rules and changes, how it effects the retailer business. I have been promoting and installing Dish Network for over 12 years now. I have seen the business change so much but bottom line the customer hasn't.
I would like to open discussion on the retailer business and what is changing with the new Dish Network Changes.
I have noticed a need for retailers to bond together a little more and help slavage our customers that Dish would like to aquire from you. I am offering my services to other retailers who have sold systems in my area through mass marketing that have a chance to loose valuable commisions because you can not service the customer on the time line Dish Network has set forth.
The requirements put onto the retailer will put stress on your profit margin and I don't think Dish Network cares as they will fill the void gladly and take your customer from you if not all of them if you miss three in three months.
My question to all retailers is that do you feel Dish Network wants 80% of their sales force to leave? Or do you think they want to weed out the bad guys so the good guys will shine through?
Do you feel Dish Network has the retailers best intrest to these new changes?

Any thoughts would be nice as I am confused once again on Dish Network Policies and wonder if they rember that there is a customer and the retailer is a customer too. They have much control over your business as I wait for feb 1st to get here to move some product. Product that I was not allowed to install and now I can, rules, rules, rules, designed to screw you and the customer and protect Dish Network from any liability which they place on their customers and retailers. They ding the customer, they ding us at the same time and make money off their bad business rules that have to be changed every 6 months or so.
What other retailer sees these things and what issues do you have?

Sorry so Long winded and I know these are all great topics to discuss so give your input.

Scott W Kelley
@ your service
231-347-8456

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the Forum. I am a fellow Dish retailer in Eastern Iowa. I've been a member on here a couple years. I beleive you will love this website. I come here for a lot of info, and most you'll find on here before you get it from Dish.

As for talking about retailer sensitive information, we would have to chat about it privately and not in open forum rooms. I agree a lot with what you said but I believe they still value good retailers. I'm not sure if you went to their last Retailer Forum but they seemed to put the retailer at a higher level of importance. I'm interested to see how Dish summit will be after the new promotion is out for a while.

Got ya thanks
I got to know is there a place to rant and rave. I know it doesn't get me any where so I will quit it. But my concern for the customer and what is best always seems to have a position of what is right.

There is a dish retailer forum website but i've never seen anyone on it. I'm looking for the same thing as you. I'd like to know some of the strategies that work for other retailers and what their thoughts are on different things in the business.

If there are retailer sensitive questions regarding prices and incentives I would just send a private message to a member. I myself have a question for you about doing Dish Upgrades.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts