HELP!!! I Don't get my LOCALS. What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Don't panic and don't cancel your subscription. :) OTA reception is not an exact science and there are a lot of people in this forum that are willing to help you but first you must tell us what you have.

1 - What type of Antenna you have? Find the model number, the range in miles for UHF and VHF channels.

2 - How were you set up? Do you have a diplexor? Are you running two lines into the house? Are you connected to the OTA module?

3 - Check www.Antennaweb.org select DIGITAL ONLY. Make a list of all the OTA channels that are LIVE in your geographical area and check which ones you cannot receive.

4 - From 3, are those channels in your PG on VOOM or not.

5 - From 3, if those channels are in your PG, go to the System Settings and find out what are your OTA Quality Signal and your OTA signal Strength.

6 - Check the Direction of your Antenna (if it is a highly directional antenna), print the map on Antennaweb.org and see if your antenna needs re-aiming. Typically the 'open' end of the antenna should be pointed in the direction of the towers.

With all this information in hand, you can either create your own thread or post in a thread specific to your location.

Update: with software V6.10, Voom introduce the OTA Scanning Function. It lets you scan for OTA channels in your area. There are a lot of information regarding this function. Here are some links that you may want to read before using it:

1 -How does OTA Scanning works in new software?

2 - Click here to assist you in getting the RF channels in your area or you may use www.antennaweb.org

3 - Diplexor must be installed because of powered antenna? (Depends on antenna model)

4 - Find out if someone in your area is receiving OTA channels

5 - AntennaWeb may not be accurate

6 - using RF scan

7 - Pictures of New Software V6.10

8 - Over The Air Scanning Questions (PSIP data missing post here)

9 - BUG: Unable to hide the last channel when the OTA map consists of 11 channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)