help in id of legacy lnb w built in switch

fcooper

Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
I have a legacy 4900 receiver, and it is working well with a single lnb dish. I bought a dish 500 dish from ebay with two lnb's that was supposed to have a built in switch. It is p/n 214-5100-454 with the label "dish network digital LNBF".
It has connectors labeled A1 and B1 on the side labeled TM 119W. It has connectors labeled 2A and 2B on the side labeled TM 110W. I ran a single cable to one of these connectors, and ran the check switch function (after running it once with the cable disconnected) and the receiver detected no switch. I tried this with several of the connectors.

Am I doing something wrong, or was I sold something that still needs a switch?

Thanks for your help.....fred

I think you have a Legacy dual LNB. You will need a SW21 to combine both to see 119 and 110. What are the results of check switch? Do you see at least 119 or 110?

The results of the check switch is a message that no switch is detected. I never got a signal, but did see an increase on the in-line signal meter I was using. I gave up and put the other dish back in service (working in the dark, etc).

Unfortunately, this installation is at a second home where I don't have internet access. I too believe I have been sold a legacy dual lnb that needs a switch. Is there a list of part numbers somewhere that I can access to determine for sure?
Thanks.....fred

I have a Legacy dual in my hand and P/N is: 214-5100-402. So it's a Legac dual LNB. If it doesn't have a DP logo in the front it's a Legacy LNB. You'll need a SW21 to combine both LNBs.

Thanks for your help. Now I'll try to get the right part from the ebay vendor or at least get a switch.....fred

is it two seperate lnb's on a y-bracket, or is it 1 hunk of plastic with 2 eyes on it?
if it is two seperate lnb's then yeah, you need a sw21 switch. If it is 1 twin lnb, then the switch is built in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts