Help? Is dish worth having anymore?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dsh

Original poster
Jan 7, 2011
Badgerland
We decided to come back to Dish after trying Directtv. Their installer showed up & said he wasn't sure about line of sight- thinks we need to take down a couple trees but he wanted a supervisor to double check, can't install today.

Supervisor never calls or comes by so I call Dish again yesterday. A very nice CSR had me on hold for 30+/- minutes apologizing every couple minutes. Finally says "we fell through the cracks". Nothing is scheduled, but a supervisor will call us within the hour to get this taken care of. No one ever calls.

Today I call Dish again. Explain problem and after a short hold get passed on to a CSR that "can get this resolved". This CSR says she will just schedule a new install. I can't get her to understand that someone needs to check if I need to take down 1 or more trees. I got so frustrated with her I hung up.

Finally remembered this site & thought Dirt could help. It looks like no Dirt anymore, but chat is my best bet? Tried chat & after 20 minutes it said it was connecting me & then immediately said thanks for chatting with us & disconnected me.

So now my question, has dish gotten this bad? If so should I just get my money back & move on or is there some way to get their attention & get this resolved? I have wasted enough time on this & don't need to block out another 4+ hours just to have them say again that I may have to take down a tree or two, but they are not sure.

Appreciate advice of how to deal with this.

Thanks!

We decided to come back to Dish after trying Directtv. Their installer showed up & said he wasn't sure about line of sight- thinks we need to take down a couple trees but he wanted a supervisor to double check, can't install today.

Supervisor never calls or comes by so I call Dish again yesterday. A very nice CSR had me on hold for 30+/- minutes apologizing every couple minutes. Finally says "we fell through the cracks". Nothing is scheduled, but a supervisor will call us within the hour to get this taken care of. No one ever calls.

Today I call Dish again. Explain problem and after a short hold get passed on to a CSR that "can get this resolved". This CSR says she will just schedule a new install. I can't get her to understand that someone needs to check if I need to take down 1 or more trees. I got so frustrated with her I hung up.

Finally remembered this site & thought Dirt could help. It looks like no Dirt anymore, but chat is my best bet? Tried chat & after 20 minutes it said it was connecting me & then immediately said thanks for chatting with us & disconnected me.

So now my question, has dish gotten this bad? If so should I just get my money back & move on or is there some way to get their attention & get this resolved? I have wasted enough time on this & don't need to block out another 4+ hours just to have them say again that I may have to take down a tree or two, but they are not sure.

Thanks!

Hello DSH,

I am very sorry that your experience with us has not yielded any success. We know that your time is very valuable, and we most certainly want to get this sorted out so that we can get you installed. Since we will need to access your account information we would need you to reach out to us us through a private message on Facebook or Twitter (Facebook Messenger at Log In or Sign Up to View, on Twitter @DISH_answers). -Kim H.

JSheridan - Thanks for the idea. Can the local retailers match the Dish deals? (We got a mailer from dish that offered $300 if we came back. That covers the early termination with Dtv).

Yes, the local retailers can honor the $300 offer and often can offer other additional offers and incentives.

Thanks!
Dish needs to contact the company that they subcontracted with for your area and have them send a manager to do a 2nd opinion on your Line of Sight issues.

NO.jpg

Kim - I don't have facebook or twitter accounts & don't really want them. Any other options?

At this time, we are unable accept account information over Satellite Guys. Besides our social media platforms, you may always give us a call by dialing 800-333-3474 or by chatting with our customer service team: Request Rejected. We do understand that your time is very valuable and we apologize about any longer than normal hold times. - Christina W.

We've had Dish for about 5 months and we haven't had any complaints so far. I feel your frustration with the canceled 4 hour appt windows though. We have had the same issue with several contractors (plumbers, HVAC,roofers etc) who were supposed to do various jobs around our house. It's incredibly frustrating to have to take time off of work only to be canceled on last minute.

If I were in your shoes I would call (because people will feel more accountable if they are verbally communicating imho). I wouldn't hang up if they frustrate you, I would (firmly but politely demand to talk to someone who can help you) say transfer me to a manager or transfer me to technical support etc. Or you can just move on to another company. I don't think that your situation is representative of Dish overall (they did win customer service of the year award), but time is money. We replaced a plumber and a door installer who didn't show up for their appts.

Reactions: JSheridan
OSUMike, We are in Door County.

Tried finding a local dish retailer and no luck. Had two in the county, one retired the other died. I called the nearest retailer (60 miles) & they were nice, but not real interested.

The link to chat immediately gave me an error message.

Took a deep breath & called dish again. CSR that answered was again useless. Said we were already scheduled for an install (last Saturday) and could not seem to understand the problem. I asked for a supervisor & after a long hold the guy was actually helpful. He put me on hold for a long time but when he came back he said he spoken to the local installer supervisor. They will call me back & although he didn't know when he said it should be within 24 hours. No call today & I don't really expect one tomorrow (Last time they promised a call within 1 hour) but we will see.

I no longer expect this to end well.

Tried finding a local dish retailer and no luck. Had two in the county, one retired the other died. I called the nearest retailer (60 miles) & they were nice, but not real interested.

Took a deep breath & called dish again. CSR that answered was again useless. Said we were already scheduled for an install (last Saturday) and could not seem to understand the problem. I asked for a supervisor & after a long hold the guy was actually helpful. He put me on hold for a long time but when he came back he said he spoken to the local installer supervisor. They will call me back & although he didn't know when he said it should be within 24 hours. No call today & I don't really expect one tomorrow (Last time they promised a call within 1 hour) but we will see.

I would call, ask for Loyalty. Not a Supervisor or manager. Just ask for Loyalty. That's retention. I would ask who the local contractor/retailer is and contact them myself

Hmm. You'd be serviced out of the Green Bay office then, and I know they're backed up two weeks or so, same as here in Madison. Still no excuse. If you weren't so far away from me, I'd try to work something out with you personally. Although, Door County is beautiful this time of year!

Line of sight problems are always gonna cause 2nd guessing. Techs will not or should never point at trees to take down. You take down the wrong one then who is responsible. When I was doing installs I would point in that general direction and tell the customer they can ask for a 2nd opinion if they like and if so then they would still get a point in that direction but nobody will walk over and tap on the tree.
As the customer you can get a tool to check the exact direction yourself and you choose the trees to take down therefore being your fault if you take the wrong ones down.
Even my old office wouldn't point at trees..just the direction where it needed to be pointed and optional locations to put the dish.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)