Help me better my current setup.

burritoboy9984

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
Dallas
Housetvs.gif

This is how my house tvs are currently set up. I've also acquired a 722k and 211k if this helps the current setup. I realize I can ditch the 322 and get hd in another room for $2 more a month, but a bunch of stuff would have to be re-wired I assume. Does anyone know how much it would cost for dish to come and rewire everything?

Family room has a 722.
Gameroom has a 222.
Bedroom 3 has a 322.

The wireless adapters are these, they are hooked up to the 722 and 222 via composite cables, so the wireless tvs can watch the second tuner of either receiver. The wireless tv in the gameroom has to stay wireless, as it is on an outside wall, and due to the roof design, we are unable to run coax/ethernet down it. The second tuner tv in the gameroom has a coax from the gameroom and family room second tuners, so depending on which channel the tv is on decides which receiver it is watching. There is a home run in the master closet that sends coax to all current rooms with tvs except for the secondary tvs in the gameroom.

I would really like to make more of the tvs HD (primarily the master and maybe bedroom 2), and I was trying to hold out on the Sling Receiver 300, but it seems as if it is going to be a pipe dream long term.

Not all bedrooms are full, and at the most we have a max of 5 different shows on at once. Looks like Hopper and Joey are probably going to be my best bet for upgrading, a couple of questions I have. What is the max number of Joeys a single Hopper can feed? I realize there is a limit to the number of tuners, but that isn't necessarily the same as the number of feeds able to be sent out to Joeys, is it? Also, it is probably too early to ask this, but do you think it will be possible to output hdmi and composite simultaneously on the Joey? Don't really want to buy an additional receiver just to set it in the corner and stream the wireless via the composite.

Also, has anyone heard any kind of estimates on release date for these new receivers?

Thanks again for taking the time to read!
-Erik

Last edited:
trade the 222 & 322 for 4 211k receivers. pay $40 and they all become independent DVRs (you must supply hdd)

the monthly fees for the 4 211s should be about the same as the 222 and 322 you are paying for now
but you would have HD on 5 of 6 tuners and dvr capability on all tvs with the EHD option

there would be some rewiring needed and an additional switch but it should all be included in the upgrade

You can only lease three receivers though. After three receivers he would have to purchase each one and still pay the monthly fees for them. Would probably need a switch installed too.

You can only lease three receivers though. After three receivers he would have to purchase each one and still pay the monthly fees for them. Would probably need a switch installed too.

I ended up hooking up the 722k (got rid of the 322 and it is only $3 more a month) in the master, and changed which rooms get which secondary signal (took the better part of the day, but finally got it figured, lol). Was going to possibly hook up the 211k in the guest room, but upon trying to activate the 722k (which I was told was free and clear to activate prior to me buying both the 722k and 211k), it was discovered that they weren't free and clear. Luckily, I was able to get the 722k switched over, but I am sending the 211k back, as it is leased. Good enough for now (until hopper and joey).

-Erik

Some thoughts on leaving Dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)