[help needed] dual LNB 1 receiver antenna messed up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aimo

Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
missouri
I am trying to recover my 95W Galaxy and 97W Telestar, dual LBN with 1 receiver. Currently, I can only receiver 95w. I am not sure what is wrong with Antenna 2.
Could anyone please review my following parameter settings?

Antenna: 1 (95w)
Type DisEqC: 1.2
Satellite: Galaxcy 3C
LNB Type: Normal
LNB Freq 1: 5150
LNB Freq 2: 10750
0/12 Volt: None
22KHz Tone: none
DisEqC: Port A
C/Ku Band Control: None

Antenna: 2 (97w)
Satellite: Telestar
22KHz Tone: 22KHz
DisEqC: Port B

Many THANKS!

Is this motorized (looks like it) or 2 fixed dishes?

If motorized, on both setups they should be the same
LNB freq 1 & 2 both 10750
22k off
diseqc off unless you really have one in line

If its 2 fixed dishes then the setup would still be both frequencies 10750 and depending on if you have a 22k switch or diseqc switch those would be set.

Thank you so much for your reply. I am sorry that I am not a technical person. So, some descriptions may be inacurate and confusing. Please bear with me.
My two LNBs are binded and hooked on one dish. The dish has no motor. It has a 0/22kHz 2X1 tone swtich. (the same as 0/22K 2X1 Tone Switch)

Thus far, I can only receive Sat 1 (0KHz) yet 22kHz is problematic. May I have your input?
Many thanks.

I suspect that you have a single satellite lnb with two outputs. If that is the case, you can only receive one satellite at a time. On the chance you have a dual satellite lnb such as those used for S*choice, I think that would be a good experiment but we need more info about your dish and lnb. If you do have a true dual satellite lnb, I suspect that you have made the assumption that the lnb further to the west side is for the satellite futher to the west. In actuallity, the lnb further to the west is for the satellite further to the east and vice versa for the other.

Last edited:
If you are using a 0/22KHz switch, the DisEqC setting you have for 97W (DisEqC: Port B) should be the same as 95W (DisEqC: Port A), since you don't have a 4x1 (or 2x1) DisEqC switch attached (or DisEqC off as Iceberg mentions).

Guess there's some confusion as to what LNB set-up you have there. Maybe a pic and model numbers would clarify. But, If this is two separate lnb's mounted side by side, with outputs going to a switch. Bypass the switch. run the coax from the receiver straight to the LNB. If both work, replace switch. If 97w still doesn't, try swapping the LNB's around.

Thank you so much for your reply. I am sorry that I am not a technical person. So, some descriptions may be inacurate and confusing. Please bear with me.
My two LNBs are binded and hooked on one dish. The dish has no motor. It has a 0/22kHz 2X1 tone swtich. (the same as 0/22K 2X1 Tone Switch)

Thus far, I can only receive Sat 1 (0KHz) yet 22kHz is problematic. May I have your input?
Many thanks.

Usually it is nearly impossible to receive two satellites separated by only 2 degrees. Usually, the minimum spacing between two satellites received on one dish is 4 degrees. This is because the scalers (white caps) on the LNBF are too large for the LNBFs to sit close enough to each other to receive the satellites with this close of spacing.

Do you have a photo of the two LNBFs mounted on your dish? Looking at the back of the LNBFs towards the dish, which LNBF is receiving Galaxy 3c, left or right side LNBF? Is this a custom bracket and custom LNBFs? Where were they purchased? Brand and model numbers?

This is exactly what I have used in the past 4 years.
Special 2-degree Monoblock LNB
1. Special 2-degree 0.4db Ku-band Monoblock LNB and the holder
2. SE830 digital receiver which is pre-programed
3. 0/22K Switch

I have accidentally reset the receiver(SE830) to "factory default" which resulted in the confusing parameters below.
Antenna 1 works fine, as someone indicated, should I change Antenna 1 as follows so that Antenna 2 would work?

Type: DisEqC: 1.2 (another option is Fixed, why should I choose?)
LNB Type: Normal (the other two options are Univ. / LNBF)
LNB Freq 1: 5150 (iceberg suggests 10750, update, I have changed it to 10750, the Antenna still works fine, Thanks to Iceberg!)
22KHz Tone: none (other two options are 0KHz, and 22Khz), Should I use 0KHz here?

I am trying to recover my 95W Galaxy and 97W Telestar, dual LBN with 1 receiver. Currently, I can only receiver 95w. I am not sure what is wrong with Antenna 2.
Could anyone please review my following parameter settings?

22KHz Tone: none

DisEqC: Port B

Many THANKS!

Last edited:
Look at the Spec's on the LNB, that will tell you the proper L.O. setting it is not 5150, that is for a C Band LNB (Big Dish)

I thank everyone for your replies.
Here is what I copied from dual LNB, they are identical
Dual Polarization
Model PS41-1075
Noise 0.4dB
Input 11.7-12.2GHz
L.O. 10.750GHz,

Any thoughts on what I should do? many thanks! My thoughts are the both LNBs capture 95w and 97w singals respectively and add a frequency(0Khz or 22kHz) via the switch and transfer in one cable line to the receiver, and the receiver separates the signals by recognizing the frequencies. Now the 0Khz (Antenna 1) works fine. How can I adjust 22kHz (Antenna)?

Thanks

Last edited:
Set both satellites LNB Frequency 1 and 2 to be 10750.
Follow Fat Air's suggestion and bypass the switch and connect directly to the right LNBF and confirm reception of 95w then connect directly to the left LNBF and confirm reception of 97W.

If 95W and 97W both come in with direct connection, then the LNBFs are working and the dish is aligned.

Reinsert the 22KHz switch with 22KHz/OFF connected to the right LNBF and 22KHz/ON connected to the left LNBF. If 95W or 97W reception goes away, the switch or one of the jumper coax cables are bad.

this is two separate lnb's mounted side by side, (looks custom made) with outputs going to a switch. Bypass the switch. run the coax from the receiver straight to each LNB, one at a time. If both work, replace switch. If 97w still doesn't, then it's the LNB. BTW, check all connections for corrosion/discoloration. Just a reminder: Unplug power when connecting/disconnecting coax's/switches. DisEqC: Port A/Port B setting has no value, unless you have a diseqc switch . I think Iceberg is right with the LNB Freq 1: setting, should match what is actual, "L.O. 10.750GHz,"

Update: after changing Freq 1 to 10750 MACTV dispears, so I changed it back to 5150, now MACTV is back as a result. Does it make sense?

Thank you all for your kind replies. I will keep updating what I will have done.

Last edited:
After you performed the factory reset, did you perform a blind scan? If so, perform a factory reset again then set up the satellites and blind scan with the correct LO Frequencies of 10750.

I believe that you had performed a blind scan with the LO Frequency incorrectly set to 5150.

Any thoughts on what I should do? many thanks! My thoughts are the both LNBs capture 95w and 97w singals respectively and add a frequency(0Khz or 22kHz) via the switch and transfer in one cable line to the receiver said:
If you understand correctly what is happening with your LNB, it will help you troubleshoot.

The west side of your dual LNB receives the signal from 95W. The east side of your dual LNB receives signal from 97W. When your receiver sends a 22KHZ signal to the switch, your receiver only receives the signal from the LNB that is set at 22KHZ. If there is no 22 KHZ signal, your receiver receives the signal from the LNB set at 0 KHZ. The switch separates the signal, not the receiver.

Many people above suggested removing the switch and connect your receiver directly to your LNB. I concur. When you connect your receiver directly to the output on the west side of your LNB, you will find MacTV & CCTV. When you connect your receiver directly to the output furthest to the east on your LNB, 97W will likely present itself. If 97W shows up with the switch removed, your switch is bad. You have described the normal symptoms of this type of switch failing. It is assumed that you have not adjusted the dish recently.

Last edited:
In case the 0-22KHz switch is bad, can anyone suggest where I can buy a cheap replacement? Thanks a lot!

They are all cheap. You only buy an Ecoda 22 Khz switch. Mxmart has them for $3. Or you can try the links at the top of this page.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your kind advice.
I have set my receiver as follows:
Type Fix
LNB Freq 1: 10750
22KHz Tone: 0kHz
DisEqC: none

Type Fix
LNB Freq 1: 10750
DisEqC: None

I have successfully received 95w through 0Khz, and 97w through 22kHz. However, I just can't get both of them together as I used to. Any thoughts? I have tried my best to align the dish but no luck after 4-5 hours this afternoon. It's very frsutrating. :(

I think all the calbles are OK, the switch is OK and the LNBs are OK as I have tested to connect the LNBs direct to receiver.
I think I have mistaken defined the 95w LNB on the east side and the 97w LNB on the west side. Should this cause alignment problem? I plan to spend another 4 hours tomorrow to check what if I swap the 95w and 97 w lnbs. Please direct.
Many thanks!

this is two separate lnb's mounted side by side, (looks custom made) with outputs going to a switch. Bypass the switch. run the coax from the receiver straight to each LNB, one at a time. If both work, replace switch. If 97w still doesn't, then it's the LNB. BTW, check all connections for corrosion/discoloration. Just a reminder: Unplug power when connecting/disconnecting coax's/switches. DisEqC: Port A/Port B setting has no value, unless you have a diseqc switch . I think Iceberg is right with the LNB Freq 1: setting, should match what is actual, "L.O. 10.750GHz,"

Standing in front of the dish looking at the backs of the LNBFs and into the reflector, 97W is on the right side (East) and 95W is on the left side (West).

Once you have confirmed reception of 97W with a direct connection to the right side LNBF and confirmed reception of 95W with a direct connection to the left LNBF, then connect the 22KHz side of your switch to the right side LNBF and connect the 0KHz side of the switch to the left LNBF.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts