Help New Install

stellar832000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
San Antonio
I will become a Dish customer this coming Thursday (upgrading from Directv) and I need some help. You see, I do all the cable running myself because I like my cables run a specific way (I have always done this with D* without a problem) anyways I will be getting the Dish Player DVR for two rooms and I need to know how to run the cables for that system. I know it is different than just two wires coming in from the satellite like I have to do for my DirecTiVos. Will I also have to run a wire out from the room with the DVR to the other TV that I will be using for a total of three wires? Can anyone help...

P.S. I am referring to the coaxial cables that will be coming in from the dish and also the cable that will be going out from the DVR to the second TV.

You will most likely need 2 wires from a DP34 switch, which will be connected to two cables from dish, to your DVR, then one from DVR to 2nd tv.

If they install a DPP Twin all you will need is two cables. One with a DPP separator for the satellite in and 1 for the UHF out to second TV. There are many variations they could use depending on the equipment you have and have purchased.

On my brothers system (625), he had one line running to the DVR. The diplexed that one line. The ant. port went to the 21-69 out and the sat wint into a seperator. Then outside, he diplexed the like to go to the second TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)