Help on a simple thing turning difficult..

taclearo@earthlink.net

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2004
Guys, this is probably something that can be fixed easily, but yours truly is having a tough time figuring it out.Here's the problem. While watching TV with the 622 DVR and I see something I want to record, I press the record button. No problem, as it starts to record. The problem is when I want to switch the channel. A message appears saying that if I switch channels the recording will stop. What if anything am I doing wrong, and how can I fix it? Thanks. I can't imagine that the DVR would not allow me to watch something while recording something else.

If you are trying to record an ota station and then turn to another ota station you will always get that message. Also if you are on tv 2 tuner and you are watching in another room and you are in dual mode, you will also get that message as it won't let you see more than tv 2 tuner in the tv 2 room. IF you are recording 3 things ( 2 sat and 1 ota tuner) it will also say this message.

When I record something I always go into the options screen under record and answer the questions like ; set up a re occurring event, stop manually on your own, etc. Other wise it will keep recording and it will not record anything else you have selected because it will think you want to stop it on your own. This is why I never just hit record by itself. I always answer the other questions because in the past it will show that it will cancel all other recordings and then I will get the screen you are talking about when I try to change stations.

I hope that helps you.

Mike, so far this has not helped, but i will continue to experiment. I will have to go through it step by step to see what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

Have you read the manual book thorouhly? It takes you step by step either in single or dual mode.

Are you in single or dual mode? Is record plus enabled and what tuner is it set for. If record plus is not enabled or is set for tuner 1 then all the recordings will default to tuner 1 and will give you that message. Or if you are watching from tv2 and record plus is enabled and set to tv2 then this message will appear

the only way to watch something and record at the same time is to record on the seperate tuner and use the other tuner for viewing tv. Dish is not a modulated signal thus dishes dvr will not allow seperate tv viewing and recording on the same tuner.

Special Offer to Return to DISH

MNTV in 100% HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)