Help! Recording from PVR508 to DVD

triple crown

Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
I am in the market for a DVD player/recorder. I currently have a Dish PVR 508 and plan to use the DVD to (1) record camcorder (VHS) tapes to DVD, and (2) record varous Dish programming to DVD.

Are there any compatibility/connectivity issues I need to be aware of before purchasing a recordable DVD player?

With so many DVD recorders available I'm really confused as to what type of machine will work best for my purposes. I'm happy with the PVR 508...I just need to archive some material (kids shows, etc). Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

triple crown said:
I am in the market for a DVD player/recorder. I currently have a Dish PVR 508 and plan to use the DVD to (1) record camcorder (VHS) tapes to DVD, and (2) record varous Dish programming to DVD.

Are there any compatibility/connectivity issues I need to be aware of before purchasing a recordable DVD player?

With so many DVD recorders available I'm really confused as to what type of machine will work best for my purposes. I'm happy with the PVR 508...I just need to archive some material (kids shows, etc). Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Your 508 has 2 Video/Audio jacks in the back. It would seem that you can use one of them to feed the input of your DVD recorder. It shouldn't be any different than your camcorder scenario. Set the program up to play on your 508 and set the recorder to record the output of the 508.

I've got my 508 feeding my pc capture card and my TV so you can definitely use both sets of outputs simultaneously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)