Help - TP please for 107w KU

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
Can someone give me the strongest signal they can currently get on 107w KU DVB or DVBs2 if any exist.

Thanks.

i've occasionally received some CBC/SRC feeds on 11902 and 11941H5859. Those are rarely up though, and most of the time when they are, they are 4:2:2, so not viewable on most STBs. There are several frequencies listed on the usual sites. But again, most of the time I receive absolutely nothing in Ku there.

I need the frequencies. I don't mind if its 4:2:2, i just need a currently active lockable signal.

CBC/SRC stopped all use of Anik F1R back in February. Their new home for Ku feeds is Eutelsat 115 West B on the Ku 4 spotbeam (which only covers Canada and the most northern part of the US). Since the move, I don't think 107.3°W has hosted any DVB signals.

Okay, the goal was to lock in the Bird on my satellite. I was able to lock in a signal through a lot of trial and error through my DCII receiver. Cycling through the TP's over and over again bumping the dish and i finally locked a signal, and then was able to fine tune.

I think I read somewhere on this forum that you can receive some CTV stations FTA on 107 if you buy a Shaw box. Can't confirm or deny that, though.

Yes, you can receive CTV Two Alberta with a previously subscribed Shaw STB or any other DigiCipher 2 STB. There’s a whole CTV mux on the C-Band side. I don’t need it though because I receive CTV Kitchener OTA.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
The CBC news trucks (4:2:2) are not used very often anymore. Much cheaper to send out two newbies in a mini-van and send back the report via wireless (cell) once within range. Cutbacks...
Gotta love the "live reports" when the network goes out on them mid-way through. Suppose that's progress...

The CBC news trucks (4:2:2) are not used very often anymore. Much cheaper to send out two newbies in a mini-van and send back the report via wireless (cell) once within range. Cutbacks...
Gotta love the "live reports" when the network goes out on them mid-way through. Suppose that's progress...

And they cut 607 analogue transmitters to save money which only left them with 27 transmitters. “The move will save $10 million a year, money that the Corporation will be able to put into programming.” And they still can’t have satellite feeds.....

How often does that happen to them? I note CTV and Global very rarely use satellite for live shots anymore either. In the US, the majority of live shots on local news are now done with bonded cellular units (Dejero, LiveU, and TVU are the big names) thanks to the cell networks maturing to the point where the technology has high reliability. There's more and more usage among the national news outlets, too. CNN, for instance, sold all their satellite trucks to PSSI last year, and now the only trucks they own are CNG (cellular news gathering) units. They still lease back their old trucks from PSSI if the situation warrants, but, at the rate things are going, they might not need to in the future.

Well, after much hard work, i have 107w and 111w dialed in. I got all the channels from 111w, and tomorrow ill finish with 107w.

Reactions: k.r.
It happens quite often actually when doing reports away from the city or populated areas. Usually they will revert back to a voice-only report when the video drops out. Since Bell took over the local government run utility it is improving, but many of the rural cell towers are still connected via twisted pair. If you can find a Rogers/AT&T tower they are connected via microwave so bandwidth is fine.

Sorry for off-topic...

How often does that happen to them?

Reactions: kofi123
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts