help w\vip 211

cwbuckley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
EL Paso
I recently had problems with my 211, called tech support and they decided to send me a replacement. Received it a couple of days later. Went to hook it up and it couldn't find any satellites. Called tech support again and they had no idea, scheduled a visit w/tech. Couple of days later I turn on the tv and its found the satellites and needing activation. So I do that and everything is working ok. Sunday I turn on the tv and I get searching for satellite. Called tech support and they didn't have any idea other then schedule another tech visit. I had cancelled the one that I made before. Then this morning I turn on the tv before leaving for work and everything is working like it is suppose to. Any ideas. I also have a 942 and am having no problems w/that receiver. I did call the installers and told them what was going on, he said that he thought that it was more then likely a bad line or bad switch(I have the 44). If anybody has any ideas I would like to hear from you. Thanks in advance. Chuck

I tend to agree with the bad line idea. It is possible that the line to the receiver is barely making contact. Unscrew the connectors on your coax connections and ensure that the stinger is long enough and not bent or too short. Check as many as you can get your hands on all the way back to the switch.

If your think it might be a bad switch, move the connections around on the ports and see if the problem moves too.

Wanted to thank everybody for their help. I also wanted to add that I have had no problem for 3 months, now nothing but.

Is the power inserter on port 1 still working? I think the 44 can power from the IRD, but that is a poor set-up and reportedly prone to failure after several months...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)