Help with best way to upgrade to HD programming?

bfishc

Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
I've been a dish customer since 2000. I just upgraded two of the three TVs in the house to HD tvs, and would like to get dish HD programming. I would like a HD DVR for one room, an HD receiver for the other.

I called dish network directly, but they were not very helpfull.
I would have to pay $199 to upgrade my existing SD DVR, and buy the other HD receiver outright.

Would I get a better deal going to a reseller?

If I call dish directly and threaten with going to comcast HD would they offer a better deal?

Any help from experienced upgraders appreciated!

- EP

The issue is how many upgrades you can do at one time. The answer they provided seems consistent with what others have posted. Certainly try going to a reseller like DishStore is an option, and try another call or two to E* to see if a different CSR will offer something different. Otherwise escalate to ceo@echostar.com with your possible decision to switch to cable.

In general you have more possibilities and fewer commitments when you own the equipment vs. leasing so if you plan to hold on the next two receivers for some time, owning one or both might be a reasonable alternative and it will get you upgraded almost immediately. But you will also probably need to add or replace a dish and possibly other equipment, changes that would be covered at no additional cost to you under a lease upgrade.

Sorry I can't really provide any help other than that...

Welcome, BTW...

I personally use Dish solely for HD programming and kept basic cable. Need to call Tech Support to get the $29/mo deal on HD only, otherwise the Guptas will politely repeat you the mantra on packages until you can smell curry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts