Help with DECA and Internet set up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

yrag

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 19, 2006
I have a SWM dish with only one wire from the dish to a grounding block on the outside of the house. The grounding block has four outputs, three are capped and one output goes to a cable going through the wall to a power inserter. The cable from the PI goes to the SAT 1 input on my hr21 700 receiver. If I order a second receiver and want to set it up for MRV and internet would I need three DECAs? One DECA behind the first receiver after the power inserter. One DECA behind the second receiver (without a PI). The third DECA at my router with its own PI. Also would the RG6 cables come from the gounding block or would I use a switch? And if I need a switch where in this setup would it be located? The router is located in a room separate from the receivers. Cat5 wiring is not available but there is RG6 cable available in all rooms.

You can have a maximum of 8 tuners of a SWM dish, eg. 4 DVRs (2 tuners each). You will need a DECA depending on what receiver you're getting, some of them do not require a DECA to connect to the network. You need one DECA for sure to connect the router.

The ground block you mention is actually a 4-way splitter (can be used as ground). The cables will come from this 4-way splitter.

What type of receivers do you need? and how many?

Thank you for your reply. I am only getting one new receiver and it will probably not be an hr24 so I know I will need a DECA for the new receiver. So i will run RG6 cable to the new receiver's DECA and router's DECA from the ground block/spltter. My concern is if the cables come from the splitter, does it matter where that the PI for the receivers is located in the system?

Ok so you need two DECA adapters, one for the router and one for the receiver. As far as the PI for the SWM lnb, it needs to be on the port that has power passing. They're usually labeled with red so you can see it. What type of splitter do you have?
Does it look like the one I posted? Notice port 1 is labeled in red.

Attachments

• SPLIT4MRV_zoom.jpg
    SPLIT4MRV_zoom.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 283
Yes, the splitter looks exactly like the one you posted. There is an existing PI behind my HR21 700 which is correctly installed from the powered outlet of the splitter. So if I understand correctly, the PI can go anywhere in the system from the splitter and before the first receiver's DECA. So it will end up being the Dish LNB to the Splitter to the PI to DECA #! to receiver #1. Then from one of the other splitter outputs will be one RG6 cable to DECA #2 to receiver #2. Then from another splitter output will be one RG6 cable to DECA #3 (with its own PI) to my router. If that is the correct configuration, I think I understand what I need. Thank you.

Go to this link and click on the Specifications tab, they have a diagram there that you can use.

DIRECTV Ethernet Coax Adapter DECA (DECA1MR01) - DIRECTV - DECA1MR01 -

They use a switch in the diagram, you don't. LNB goes directly to the splitter. They use a band stop filter, you don't need one either. Just look at how they connect the DECA to the router and the HR2x receivers.

If I were you, I would run one more RG6 cable to where the HR21 receiver is. One run just to power the SWM LNB and another one for the receiver and the DECA.

Thank you! You've answered all my questions. The diagram is just what I needed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)