Help with Dish install.

dak0ta11

Original poster
Mar 12, 2007
I am trying to get my 1000+ with 1000.4 LNB and .4 LNB arm setup correctly for the EA. My old setup (same reflector with the different arm and lnb) was pointing to the WA and had a DP44 switch in the loop. I can't seem to get anything working. I have unplugged everything from the DP44 switch and ran a single line from my VIP622 to Port 1 on the LNB directly. When I try to do a Check Switch, I receive "Conn" for the Satellites and "Reception Error". The LNB is being picked up correctly showing 1K.4 for the Device and "DPP 1k.4 Plus Separator" for the switch type. When I try to tune in 72.7 (shows as 72 in my setup), I can't get a signal at all. I've made sure my settings are right (EL=42, AZ=174, SK=80) for zip 44216. I've tried running a Check Switch with the Sat In's unplugged as well with no luck. There is a house next to me that I have to aim towards but the line of sight looks ok using the Dishpointer AR iphone app. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Brian

A few questions. Why are you switching from 1000+ with DPP44 to WA.4? It's the same satellites. Right off the bat I noticed you said you're using a WA.4 LNB and trying to hit 72.7, which is on EA. Swing farther west and aim for 119. If your existing system was 1000+, 72.7 shouldn't have already been in the check switch.

Does the LNB look like three seperate eyes (WA) or just two, one wider than the other (EA)?

A few questions. Why are you switching from 1000+ with DPP44 to WA.4? It's the same satellites. Right off the bat I noticed you said you're using a WA.4 LNB and trying to hit 72.7, which is on EA. Swing farther west and aim for 119. If your existing system was 1000+, 72.7 shouldn't have already been in the check switch.

Does the LNB look like three seperate eyes (WA) or just two, one wider than the other (EA)?
Try reading post #1 again I read it that he is trying to move to EA.

Are you really supposed to do this stuff yourself? Don’t they have installers who do this stuff when a change is needed?

It's fun to do it yourself if you enjoy that kind of thing, that's why. Also its cheaper if you don't have a service plan. Anyway it sounds to me like you are using an eastern arc lnb, so it should work if you aim right. One thing though is that the 2nd ( middle ) port is for 72.7. Port 1 is for 77 and port 3 is 61.5. Port 4 is for an auxillary dish so you are probably not using this one. Good way to align is to cover the 2 outside lnb's until you get 72.7 ( middle lnb) tuned in. Just do a check switch for 72.7 alone and see if you have it. When you have it twittle the dish to maximize signal. Then uncover the 77 and 61.5 lnb's and do another check switch. They should have pretty much self aligned from adjusting for 72.7. Your el., az. and skew settings appear to be correct according to Dishpointer charts.

If your using a 44 switch , you need to use the power inserter on port one. Make sure it's plugged in and either plug the receiver into the inserter or plug the Receiver into port two. Without the power inserter powering the switch, you won't get correct readings.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts