Help with simple DishPro install.

Gray1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
St. Louis, Missouri
Hey guys, I need a little help. I have a 311 receiver, and an old Dish 500.
It has two LNB's I think they are called legacy and a SW21 Switch that connects
the two cables that go to the LNB's. I am replacing the Dish (its ratty looking),
but the new dish has a DishPro LNB. I was told that I need to use only one cable
with this DishPro LNB. My question is what do i do with the SW21 switch?
Do I need to buy another type of switch or just leave it out?

Thanks
Gray1

Hey guys, I need a little help. I have a 311 receiver, and an old Dish 500.
It has two LNB's I think they are called legacy and a SW21 Switch that connects
the two cables that go to the LNB's. I am replacing the Dish (its ratty looking),
but the new dish has a DishPro LNB. I was told that I need to use only one cable
with this DishPro LNB. My question is what do i do with the SW21 switch?
Do I need to buy another type of switch or just leave it out?

Thanks
Gray1

The SW21 switch is not required with your new Dish Pro LNBF.

Your old system sounds like it is legacy dual LNBF's, one each for 110 and 119 requiring a SW21 switch joining them and a single cable to receiver.

Your new Dish 500 will have a twin Dish Pro LNBF which has a switch built into the assembly and therefore needs just a single cable for your situation to your #311 receiver.

After installing, do a check switch with the receiver. Good luck.

You are replacing an existing dish 500 because it dosen't look nice? A suggestion then, leave the mount alone just remove the 4 bolts that hold the dish face on the mount. Bolt the new dish face in place and everything should still be aligned and you can continue using your Legacy LNBs or you can switch to the dish pro.

I thought about just changing the dish and leaving the mount. But ive put in a few Dish 500s with the old legacy LNBs. Ive already iinstalled the dish and aligned it. I got over 100 percent on all transponders. I put back on the old LNBs because i wasnt sure what to do with the DishPro LNB. All I have left to do is to put on the new LNB.

Thanks for your help

Ok I put the new DishPro LNB on. Clancy is right I had two LNBs. One for 110 and one for 119 and an SW21 to connect the two cables. I have two observations. The colors seem to be a little brighter than they were. Signal strenght is about the same. But the pricture does not seem to be as sharp as it was with the Legacy LNBs. Is this my eyes or my imagination? Anyone else ever noticed this?

Thanks

Ok I put the new DishPro LNB on. Clancy is right I had two LNBs. One for 110 and one for 119 and an SW21 to connect the two cables. I have two observations. The colors seem to be a little brighter than they were. Signal strenght is about the same. But the pricture does not seem to be as sharp as it was with the Legacy LNBs. Is this my eyes or my imagination? Anyone else ever noticed this?

Thanks

Yes this effect could happen.
Your new LNBF's versus the old LNBF's will undoubtedly be a little better.
I suggest on your television monitor that you re-adjust your brightness and sharpness controls and see what affect there is.

New ViP211 Adventure

Rose parade a disappointment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)