HELP....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

alkalinexsugar

Original poster
Sep 13, 2003
ok, I was on my mom's laptop, and I installed something that I've had no problems in the past with...and my computer f**ked up, so when I shut it down, I held down the button too long on the laptop where it shuts off automatically...so I waited a few seconds and then turned it back on, and a black screen came up saying that windows did not start successfully and that a recent hardware or software change might have caused it...then it had a list of options:

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)

Start Windows Normally

...and everytime I go to one of those, it takes me to the blue screen which says:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. if this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates that you might need. If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

***STOP: 0x000000ED (0x813175E8, 0xC0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

.....can you guys PLEASE help me? Normally I wouldn't be this desperate, but it's my mom's WORK laptop...

I would definitely appreciate it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts