Helping a friend

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ps2baseball

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 17, 2008
Hey guys, not a DTV sub, but was wondering, is the 23 the newest DVR that they offer? It appears it is from the searching.

I also understand it has 2 tuners, but is it like Dish's, meaning I can have one line coming in and then split it? Or do I need two lines?

Yes HR23 is the latest. HR24 may be out later this year, speculated to add a touch front panel instead of button and networking over coax support, perhaps a little faster too, but a ways off yet.

It has two lines for a traditional dish setup, or you can use just port one if you get a SWiM setup (single wire), used for HD installs with multiple receivers generally.

So you can't use a splitter? I have a 722 for Dish, and I only have one line coming in, but it is split into two for the dual tuner functionality.

I can't run a second line for him, unless I want to run it across the floor.

As Jason said, unless he has a SWiM install you need two wires from the dish/multiswitch to the DVR, no splitters allowed otherwise.

It's either a LNB or switch module that allows the use of wide band splitters to route the DBS signal to the receivers. Up to 8 tuners can be connected to a SWiM8 or SWiMLNB, you might want to check DBSTalk.Com for more detailed info on how this all works.

I had the 722 as well. I recently just switched over to DTV and got the HR23. It's a great receiver but a lot different than the 722.

Unless you get this Swim thing (which I know nothing about) you'll have to run two cables. A splitter will not work. Also, you will not be able to plug 2 TV's into the HR23 like you can with the 722.

Overall the HR23 is your best bet if you are going to DTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)