Her generosity brings tears to my eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno but we do know that Bush family was always deep in sh*t: starting with the grandpa, the strawman of Hitler's banker down the line to 'tard Dubya's illegal Harkon tricks.
Ah and let's not forget that cold-hearted disgusting old bitch, Barbara, when she said last year it's actually not that bad for those from New Orleans because they were already f**ked up...

""What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas," Barbara Bush said in an interview on Monday with the radio program "Marketplace." "Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality."

"And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway," she said, "so this is working very well for them.""

Pfew, stupid groaty arrogant old bitch.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/07/n...278697c408abe7&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Last edited:
T2k said:
I dunno but we do know that Bush family was always deep in sh*t: starting with the grandpa, the strawman of Hitler's banker down the line to 'tard Dubya's illegal Harkon tricks.
Ah and let's not forget that cold-hearted disgusting old bitch, Barbara, when she said last year it's actually not that bad for those from New Orleans because they were already f**ked up...

""What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas," Barbara Bush said in an interview on Monday with the radio program "Marketplace." "Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality."

"And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway," she said, "so this is working very well for them.""

Pfew, stupid groaty arrogant old bitch.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/07/n...278697c408abe7&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

A horrible thing to say, and it all ended with a horrible source.

How can you go on an on preaching all that you did about the Bush's, and try to follow it up with credibility from the NY Times?

Judging by the general conditions I saw some people living in down there, I would Say Mrs. Bush is right. Of course, if the NY Times thinks something is politically incorrect, it has to be pointed out. Never mind it is probably true.

What she said was the contemporary equivalent of "Let them eat cake" and you know it. It's not a matter of spin or interpretation or the source that printed it. Just READ! If she hadn't said it, which she did and it was in front of a number of news sources, there would have been either a retraction or a libel suit.

And for you to suggest what you do about the dislocated poor of New Orleans shows you're as badly out of sorts with humanity as she is. Ah, the gated community types...so wise, and arrogantly ignorant of the way the world works for most people. It's not politically correct we're harping on--it's reality. I live in a mixed income area that is the most ethnically diverse neighborhood in Chicago (from section 8 subsidized housing to multi-million dollar mansions, 45 languages spoken, all creeds and religions)...I see it all and it's complicated, ugly and sometimes beautiful.

Simply put--most everyone, no matter the color of their skin or who they pray to or don't, just want to put food on the table and raise their families in peace...it's the selfish and power-mad at all stratas of society (from crack dealing gang bangers to hack-and-slash CEOs and megolamaniacal heads of state) that infuse this dog-eat-dog social Darwinism into things and make life hell for people. We'd all be better off without them (and those that support them).

I think what she was trying to say is that it is a sad commentary on the state of things in New Orleans that so many are satisfied in Texas. Now, maybe the way she said it was not perfect (for some ears), but what public figure doesn't have "bad" quotes now and then?

As far as my saying that conditions were bad even before Katrina-I stand by that. I watched hours of unedited footage on FTA satellite and it was obvious that many there live in poverty. In those cases maybe a fresh start away from the democratic political machine in New Orleans isn't a bad thing.

joedekock said:
A horrible thing to say, and it all ended with a horrible source.

How can you go on an on preaching all that you did about the Bush's, and try to follow it up with credibility from the NY Times?

Ummm WTF??? :eek:

Since you somehow magically 'managed to' miss it, let m tell you that it was on the front page of every single magazine, all around the world.
:rolleyes:

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
Judging by the general conditions I saw some people living in down there, I would Say Mrs. Bush is right. Of course, if the NY Times thinks something is politically incorrect, it has to be pointed out. Never mind it is probably true.

Excellent, excellent. :)Just as I expected.

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
I would Say Mrs. Bush is right.

Cat is out of the bag, dear MR Parnell - you've just lost your credibility, congrat.

Last edited:
W_Tracy_Parnell said:
I think what she was trying to say is that it is a sad commentary on the state of things in New Orleans that so many are satisfied in Texas. Now, maybe the way she said it was not perfect (for some ears), but what public figure doesn't have "bad" quotes now and then?

As far as my saying that conditions were bad even before Katrina-I stand by that. I watched hours of unedited footage on FTA satellite and it was obvious that many there live in poverty. In those cases maybe a fresh start away from the democratic political machine in New Orleans isn't a bad thing.

You can't make it up now, it's too late - you've signed up for the words of that old groaty pathetically stupid old bitch, Bar bara Bush. :down

shanewalker said:
What she said was the contemporary equivalent of "Let them eat cake" and you know it. It's not a matter of spin or interpretation or the source that printed it. Just READ! If she hadn't said it, which she did and it was in front of a number of news sources, there would have been either a retraction or a libel suit.

And for you to suggest what you do about the dislocated poor of New Orleans shows you're as badly out of sorts with humanity as she is. Ah, the gated community types...so wise, and arrogantly ignorant of the way the world works for most people. It's not politically correct we're harping on--it's reality. I live in a mixed income area that is the most ethnically diverse neighborhood in Chicago (from section 8 subsidized housing to multi-million dollar mansions, 45 languages spoken, all creeds and religions)...I see it all and it's complicated, ugly and sometimes beautiful.

Simply put--most everyone, no matter the color of their skin or who they pray to or don't, just want to put food on the table and raise their families in peace...it's the selfish and power-mad at all stratas of society (from crack dealing gang bangers to hack-and-slash CEOs and megolamaniacal heads of state) that infuse this dog-eat-dog social Darwinism into things and make life hell for people. We'd all be better off without them (and those that support them).

Nice assessment... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)