Here is why data caps are absurd but carriers still use them

This is so very true. I have known this from day one on data caps....its all about the $$$$$$.

Data fees are the only realistic opportunity for growth in the future of the cellular industry. If a company is not growing, it is dying. Get used to it.

Sprint and TMo are not a viable option for 90% of the USA.

Those who are investors in these companies have a different opinion about fees and caps. Even if you don't hold stock yourselves you might want to consider where your 401(k) funds and/or gov't retirement plans are invested before you trash the profit motive that all suscessful, here-for-the-long-haul companies have. Just sayin'...

I'm using T-Mobile monthly4G and the coverage is fairly good in the Detroit area. If Sprint would've upgraded their network to LTE in the Detroit area already, I probably would be using an iphone 5 right now.

The data cap is a necessary evil when the network is inadequate for the demand on it. Is there another solution to prevent a few data hogs like me from bringing the network to its knees? When the network gets large enough to support our growing needs, the caps will disappear but as the phone companies can make a profit off the data hogs, we will always have a tier system where you pay for what you use.

While the wireless companies are still building out their network and have the most severe caps, the cable companies finally have a network that supports its demand.

This year I heard no complaints that AT&T crashed at CES so things are improving and I typically had excellent speed on my LTE at CES during the week. Its getting better each year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts