Hey! :-) I have a baseball question.

ClaireCubsFan

Original poster
May 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Hey Guys! I just had DISH installed after graduating college a week ago. The man that installed the system told me that I would get the Brewers as well as the Cubs and White Sox. During the install he had also said they would be on "alternating" channels. I haven't been able to find them yet and was hoping I could find my answers here. Hope I'm not today's "dumb girl with a technology question". :)

I'm not sure if it is important but I only have the Bronze 100 Plus package and I also purchased the Multi-Sport package for the NHL channel. Can anybody tell me where I can find the Brewers? Also, I have noticed since the install that when some teams go into extra innings or run past the time on the guide that they are unblocked. Is it possible to buy the ability to just see two extra teams (Tigers, Blue Jays)?

Thanks Everyone!
Claire

welcome :wave

Hey Guys! I just had DISH installed after graduating college a week ago. The man that installed the system told me that I would get the Brewers as well as the Cubs and White Sox. During the install he had also said they would be on "alternating" channels. I haven't been able to find them yet and was hoping I could find my answers here. Hope I'm not today's "dumb girl with a technology question". :)
if you dont mind me asking, what part of Wisconsin? Reason is the folks near the MN border by St Paul/Mineapolis usually get just the Twins games. FSN Wisconsin is not full time on Dish so you will get (probably.....again depending on location) 436 which is FSN North Minnesota minus the Twins games since the tech said you'd get the Brewers games

I'm not sure if it is important but I only have the Bronze 100 Plus package and I also purchased the Multi-Sport package for the NHL channel. Can anybody tell me where I can find the Brewers?
check the ALT channels which are 440-455ish (I forget the actual numbers but its right around the 440-460 area). If I remember right the Brewers games are labeled "Brewers vs. __________" (all games on the ALT channels dont say the sport but the teams playing) so you could probably do a search on the receiver for "brewers" and it will tell you the channel its on.

Also, I have noticed since the install that when some teams go into extra innings or run past the time on the guide that they are unblocked. Is it possible to buy the ability to just see two extra teams (Tigers, Blue Jays)?

edit: you mentioning the Cubs/Sox games too must mean you are between Milwaukee & Chicago
no. The pro sports are blacked out on the multisport pack. The "blackout window" is 3 hours for baseball so any game that runs past the 3 hours you can see the end of.

Last edited:
Dish site doesnt show it but DirecTV does...this is for the quad cities

With any DIRECTV base package (CHOICE or above, or FAMILIAR or above):

Comcast SportsNet (Chicago) (Ch. 665) - HD Available
# Chicago Bulls (HD Available)
# Cubs (HD Available)
# White Sox (HD Available)

With the PREMIER or LO MAXIMO package or any DIRECTV base package plus SPORTS Pack, you also get:

FSN North (Ch. 668) - HD Available
# Brewers (HD Available)

FSN Midwest (Ch. 671) - HD Available
# Cardinals (HD Available)
# St. Louis Blues (HD Available)

edit: tried Rockford, IL and got same results...zip 61107...with both you need the sports pack

I live 30 miles south of Green Bay, and I get most most Brewer games on Fox Sport Wisconsin. Sometimes in HD and sometimes in SD. To find the game, I just start at channel 439 and go up from there till I find it.

I wanted to thank all of you guys so much for all the helpful info. I also wanted to thank the two private messages I got from two guys and the map Cade sent. I'm still not getting any thing other than what I have in the Multi Sport package and am not getting any alternate channels. I'm the Bronze 100 plus and the website says I should be getting those starting at 444. So I'm guessing the Brewers would be on one of those from what you guys are telling me. :(

I live south of Milwaukee around the Kenosha area. I do have one other question. I'm currently living alone but have a second television set in the house. Is there any way I can have my DISH account ran to the second room? I'm not worried about watching anything different on different sets since its just me but would just like a picture on the set.

And I like the Phillies avatar. :up

Claire

I wanted to thank all of you guys so much for all the helpful info. I also wanted to thank the two private messages I got from two guys and the map Cade sent. I'm still not getting any thing other than what I have in the Multi Sport package and am not getting any alternate channels. I'm the Bronze 100 plus and the website says I should be getting those starting at 444. So I'm guessing the Brewers would be on one of those from what you guys are telling me. :(
what happens if you are on 439 which is Big 10 Network and then hit channel up? It should go to those sports alternate channel. SOme may be blacked out but should be able to show the channel number

I live south of Milwaukee around the Kenosha area. I do have one other question. I'm currently living alone but have a second television set in the house. Is there any way I can have my DISH account ran to the second room? I'm not worried about watching anything different on different sets since its just me but would just like a picture on the set.

Claire

how is it hooked up right now? Is it through the coax cable so you have the TV on channel 3 or through the audio/video cables (red, white, yellow?)

I have it on Channel 3 with no audio or video cables. I tried doing a channel up today from the Big Ten Network (under the all channels menu) and wound up at one of the sports PPV channels. I'm not getting anything after 439 until 454 and that was advertising WWE.

uh oh...that isnt good as they should be on there

try and do a "soft reboot"...on the receiver itself there is a power button. With the receiver on, press and hold that button until the light goes off on the receiver then let go. It will cycle through and reload everything. The channels should be in there.

As for the setup, since you are running it through the coax cable, all you need is a 2 way splitter. They can be found at any retailer. on the back of the receiver it will say "to tv". Hook the splitter on there and run to both TV's

receiver---tv output----splitter output 1-----------main tv
-----------------------------splitter output 2----------other tv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)