Hidden channels in favorite lists

gmoesch

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2004
I am unable to clear the favorite lists on my 922. I click on deselect all and save and it still shows channels even though there are none listed to deselect when editing. Any idea how to completely clear the hidden channels? I don't want extra channels in my favorite lists that I don't get.

Not quite sure what you're asking.

If you're saying you have channels in your favorites lists that you have discontinued there is NO way to remove from your favorite list unless you resubscribe to the channel first.

That is it. Guess I should have cleared them out before cancelling the channels. Live and learn. Thanks for the confirmation.

I am assuming it works differently from other receivers? On any I have had, if you no longer subscribe one of two things happen. The channel disappears from the guide, including from any favorites list, or it turns red. If red it can be unpicked of course.

Can you use the hide function and hide the channels so they do not show? Or do they not show up in the list to be able to hide?

Not sure if the 922 has the option, but most other recs have an option in the menus to Reset to Factory Defaults. If it is there, it might erase everything, including timers, fav lists, possibly DVR recordings.

Tampa8 said:
I am assuming it works differently from other receivers? On any I have had, if you no longer subscribe one of two things happen. The channel disappears from the guide, including from any favorites list, or it turns red. If red it can be unpicked of course.

Can you use the hide function and hide the channels so they do not show? Or do they not show up in the list to be able to hide?

The 922 has a known issue where you cant remove or hide if it is in a favorite list. It is not in the guide listing or lock list if you don't subscribe to it. So in a favorite list it shows up as red and can't be removed without removing the list and starting over.

Hidden

The 922 has a known issue where you cant remove or hide if it is in a favorite list. It is not in the guide listing or lock list if you don't subscribe to it. So in a favorite list it shows up as red and can't be removed without removing the list and starting over.

I have tried everything. Glad to hear it is a know bug. Very annoying as I am running out of favorite lists :) I am going to make sure I remove channels before they expire (free preview channels) so I can keep one favorite list that doesn't have dang hidden channels. Thanks for the insight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)