High Sierra

Discussion in 'Computers and Gadgets' started by dfergie, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Finally updated my mini-mac to High Sierra yesterday, seems faster, even windows 8.1 with parallels is pretty zippy....

2. *** WELCOME TO SATELLITEGUYS! ***
  3. About the only thing I've noticed with High Sierra that seems odd is when forcing the screen to turn off, the smooth fade to black stops at 50% before continuing to 0%. Before, it was a smooth fade-out. I'm talking about moving the mouse to a hot corner (lower right for me) to put the screen to Sleep.

4. I had an issue with Time Machine. Though it was still in the exclude list my Windows VM started getting backed up constantly after High Sierra. I ended up shutting down Time Machine and reformatting my external disk. Works just fine now. Irritating couple of days.

5. Haven't ran Time Machine yet, probably tonight...

6. I have an issue with the latest iTunes, iOS 11, and High Sierra where my iPhone does not synch or back up if I plug it into my iMac when the systems asleep. Oh, the disks spin up when I plug in my iPhone, but the next morning I'll see that the Synch/Backup never started. Since it's cold out, I went ahead and placed my iMac in the "Avoid Sleep" mode so the screen turns off, but High Sierra is still active. A little extra waste heat in the bedroom is welcome...

SatelliteGuys.US
The Gadget Zone Computers and Gadgets