HighDefForum.com gone!

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Slaton, Texas
Yesterday I tried to open highdefforum (dot) com and was redirected to some DVDTalk website.

Anyone else experiencing this, what happened?

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
whois says the domain expired 3/9/20
and was updated 3/11/20

looks like it may have been snagged

AVS Forum is much better
I wish I could use AVS forum, but I can’t. I was banned by the moderator because I had two accounts, one for my personal posts and one because by boss asked me to create a second account to help off air viewers. (At the time I was a chief engineer at a TV station. I am now retired.) I appealed to the moderator and was told that while my request was reasonable; too bad, two accounts are against their terms of service, and there were no exceptions.

I wish I could use AVS forum, but I can’t. I was banned by the moderator because I had two accounts, one for my personal posts and one because by boss asked me to create a second account to help off air viewers. (At the time I was a chief engineer at a TV station. I am now retired.) I appealed to the moderator and was told that while my request was reasonable; too bad, two accounts are against their terms of service, and there were no exceptions.
Tower Guy that is an outrage!! That is why I never see you in the Albany NY HD page anymore?

I tried a new account. The forum software seems to remember my MAC address or cookies and rejects it.

Delete your cookies for the site. Also, my Netgear Nighthawk router allows me to change the MAC address in SETUP, and I have done so. Yours likely also has that capability. After doing so, reboot, and it'll also grab a new IP address from your provider. Of course IF you pay extra for some reason for a fixed IP address, do NOT change your MAC address.

Reactions: Tower Guy
Delete your cookies for the site. Also, my Netgear Nighthawk router allows me to change the MAC address in SETUP, and I have done so. Yours likely also has that capability.

:confused: I thought the MAC address was specific to the LAN, and every datagram traversal through a layer 3 device (such as a router) changes it.

Krell is absolutely correct MAC address do not pass through the Router. That is why we have IP addresses and routing.

True, BUT, if you change the routers MAC address, your router then grabs a new IP address from your provider. THAT'S what AVS forum may be blocking in this case, his IP address he's coming in as.

BUT, if you change the routers MAC address, your router then grabs a new IP address from your provider.

True, although my sis always found it easier to just unplug her router. :D And you are also right about not changing your MAC address if you have a static IP address. Every damn time I install a new router, I have to call Cox Business to get them to clear their ARP tables. And since I have a VoIP landline, I have to use my cell phone.

True, although my sis always found it easier to just unplug her router. :D And you are also right about not changing your MAC address if you have a static IP address. Every damn time I install a new router, I have to call Cox Business to get them to clear their ARP tables. And since I have a VoIP landline, I have to use my cell phone.

I can unplug my router any number of times, as long as you'd like, and it'll come right back up with the same IP address. Spectrum doesn't change the address, as they marry it to a MAC address of the router (or first device connected to their MODEM). So, want a different IP, you MUST change the MAC address of the router, and that's easy in Netgear's setup screen

I can unplug my router any number of times, as long as you'd like, and it'll come right back up with the same IP address. Spectrum...

My sis had DSL from AT&T at her home in CA. And then when she was in SW VA she had another DSL provider I do not recall. You would never get the same IP address. The AT&T modem would get wildly different IP addresses that made me wonder how they could keep that network running at all. Is Spectrum a cable system? It is nice (to my way of thinking) to give you the same IP address even after power failures.

My sis had DSL from AT&T at her home in CA. And then when she was in SW VA she had another DSL provider I do not recall. You would never get the same IP address. The AT&T modem would get wildly different IP addresses that made me wonder how they could keep that network running at all. Is Spectrum a cable system? It is nice (to my way of thinking) to give you the same IP address even after power failures.

Spectrum is what used to be Charter. They changed their name after bankruptcy, and blowing away all their debt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)