Hockey ?

Crankin

Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
Indianapolis, IN
I have received some great advice from a couple of people on this board (specifically Iceberg & Uplink), thank you. I am totally new to this, so I have asked some probably redundant questions. Through their advice though, it seems that Starchoice would be the best way to go. But! I have one isssue about Starchoice that I just can't yet get passed. Can anyone tell me why they do not have the NHL Center Ice package? And, does anyone know if they will ever have it? Thank you in advance. Crankin

Crankin said:
I. But! I have one isssue about Starchoice that I just can't yet get passed. Can anyone tell me why they do not have the NHL Center Ice package?

Because they would lose too much money on it. That's the reason that I got when I phoned to ask about. I was told that they had got a load of requests for TSN HD and TCM, so they added them instead. They had to take the other Bell Globemedia channels to get TSN HD.

Since CI would have taken up less transponder space than TSN/CTV/CBC HD, I tend to believe their explanation.

I dont think SC has ever had NHL CI

I think part of it is transponder space. There just isnt enough. HD is on the separate satellite (111.1) so there is a little room there

SC only puts 7-8 channels on a tranpsonder vs. 12 by CompressVu :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)