'Home Improvement' Actor Hindman Dies

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Corn

The Coach / Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
North Canton, Ohio.
Actor Earl Hindman, best known for playing a neighbor whose face was forever obscured by a fence on the television show "Home Improvement," died of lung cancer Monday. He was 61.

As Wilson, the neighbor of Tim Allen's character on the long-running sitcom, Hindman dispensed folksy advice from behind a white picket fence, with only his eyes and forehead visible to audiences.

"Earl had a very deep voice. It was very rich, very warm and very recognizable," his wife, the Rev. Molly McGreevy of St. Francis Episcopal Church in Stamford, told The Advocate of Stamford. "He was the funniest human being I ever met. Even after 27 years of marriage, he could always crack me up."

Despite his fame, Hindman remained a modest man who enjoyed stamp and coin collecting, listening to country music and playing poker with his friends.

"He was not impressed with himself - not in the least," McGreevy said. "He was a person who was never changed by success."

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20031230/D7VOVD201.html

Didn't he also do a tv commercial for some Home Improvement supply business or something? I heard his voice on one of those commercials not that long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts