Hooking up 1 Dish311 receiver

tommypic

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2004
Greenville, SC
I just bought a Dish 500 with a Dish Pro Twin LNB and have a Dish 311 receiver . Thats all I'm going to hook up was wanting to know if i will need anything else. It says LNB has built in switches . I'm not worried about the channels on the 61.5 bird dont need them just want 110 and 119 . If any diagrams out their let me know .

If you can Aim the dish properly thats the first step. If not there are extensive diagrams Ill look later if you need them.

You will only need 1 cable running from the dish to the entry point on your house. I suggest a cable with a carrier wire for dish grounding purposes. Next at the entry point you need to attach grounding blocks and ground the cable coming in. then all ther is left is running the cable inside to the reciever and voila. you will need the following:

1 Grounding Block
Grounding Wire
RG-6 2500mhz rated cable (close to that should work)(quad shield is best but also most expensive)

Then you call dish and activate the reciever. To make sure you have it aligned right turn on the reciever got to menu 6-1-1 I think thats the point dish screen if it isnt jsut find the point dish screen and you should get a decent signal on both sats.

Use both remotes UHF?

Dnsc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts