Hooking up A/V Signal Sender

maryinredding

Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
Redding, CA
We just purchased a RadioShack A/V Signal Sender so my husband can get a tv signal in his shop. We are trying to hook it up to a 222K box. We have followed their meager instructions but we are only getting sound from TV2 and no video. Do you guys have any ideas as to what we are doing wrong? We realize that we will only be able to view what is on the 222K but at this point he doesn't care. We could not get the shop wired (too much money) so this was the only thing we could think of. Thanks for you help.

We are getting the sound from TV2. We have rechecked all the connections and the two tvs are no more than 40 feet apart. This A/V signal sender has a range of 200 feet so that should not be a problem. Should we put the 222 in single mode???

We just purchased a RadioShack A/V Signal Sender so my husband can get a tv signal in his shop. We are trying to hook it up to a 222K box. We have followed their meager instructions but we are only getting sound from TV2 and no video. Do you guys have any ideas as to what we are doing wrong? We realize that we will only be able to view what is on the 222K but at this point he doesn't care. We could not get the shop wired (too much money) so this was the only thing we could think of. Thanks for you help.
Please tell us more,what model, how is it connected to 222, how is it connected to shop TV? How far is shop from receiver, what is shop construction wood/brick/metal? What channel does it use if coax connection?

The model of the Dish receiver is 222K. The model of the A/V signal sender is RadioShack 5.8GHz Wireless 15-332. The TV in the shop is not hooked up to anything. The shop is no more than 40 feet away from the tv where the 222K is. The shop is wood construction. No coax connection to the tv in the shop. It does use TV1, 2, and 3 connections on the menu screen. If we are getting sound from TV2 does that mean we should change the setting in the 222K to single mode?

In the box is both parts of the system. My husband tried it again this morning and he gets excellent sound but no video. He plugged the RCA plugs into the TV1 side and still no video. I guess it just won't work with the 222K.

Typical installation would be yellow RCA cable plugged into the yellow TV2 out on the back of the 222. Red and White RCA cables plugged into the Red and White outputs on the back of the 222. At the work shop TV the A/V receiver is plugged into the TV using yellow to yellow on the TV, red and white to red and white on the TV.

Leave the mode on the 222 set for TV2 so you can have independent channel selection on the work shop TV.
When trying to pull up 15-332 on Radio Shack web site all that came up was the receiver searching for A/V signal sender did not bring up 15-332 so that may be a discontinued product.

additional thought you might have a bad yellow cable(that is the video) try substituting the white cables for the yellow.

According to DISH tech you have to put the transmitter between the tv and box. Since the transmitter does not have a coax port on it it is impossible for it to work. It seems that the video out rca on the back of the 222K is not active only audio. Really upset my husband as he really wanted to watch football this winter in his shop.

According to DISH tech you have to put the transmitter between the tv and box. Since the transmitter does not have a coax port on it it is impossible for it to work. It seems that the video out rca on the back of the 222K is not active only audio. Really upset my husband as he really wanted to watch football this winter in his shop.
Return the Radio Shack junk and buy a product from another source. The 222 video output is active if it isn't contact DISH for a replacement of a defective receiver. You are missunderstanding DISH the sender goes between the receiver and the TV but not between the satellite dish and the receiver no coax needs to be connected.

DISH offers a home protection plan for $7 per month if you don't have it get it, I believe for $15 you can get a service call to connect your work shop TV, call and verify through DISH 800-333-3474.

We tried hooking up our DVD recorder to the box and still get no video. It's like they have it blocked so you have to get them to sell you something else that may work. Very disappointing

You hooked it up to which box? If you hook up something (such as that workshop TV) directly to the 222 via red/white/yellow cables, you should see video at all times unless it's unplugged. That would eliminate the 222 from consideration of what has failed. Seems likely that the Radio Shack sender or receiver is DOA.

No; your Radio Shack stuff is all analog, as are most of the outputs of your 222. My recommendation is to take the TV to the 222 and plug it in using the same cables going to the Radio Shack send unit, and see if you get a picture. (I'm assuming the TV itself is OK...)

You are jumping at all sorts of conclusions that make no sense. What do you have as a main TV that the 222 is connected to? Does it have a set of red white and yellow rca jacks that are open? From the 222 TV2 output jacks connect a red or white cable from the yellow jack to the yellow jack on the main tv, if it works that means the 222 output jack is good. Now connect the yellow cable in it's place if that works it means the yellow cable is good, now do the same with the other set of cables that came with the Radio Shack unit.

If you get that far come back and post the results. It is a process of elimination to find the bad component.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)