Hope this guy wins against Dish

I agree that the taxes should go to two things. Funding the addiction cure, but also should go to fund schools. With a more educated economy, you will see a natural transition to a healthier society.

I'm all for legalizing Marijuana for medical use at least in this state of Illinois,

although I really don't see what's the issue with recreational use, as taxing it would be more appropriate,

It's just crazy seeing people in prison for small amounts, If anything they should do the same to alcoholic drinkers driving under the influence.

As there's more deaths with alcohol and cigarettes than Marijuana.

Reactions: Annie61
Under the influence at work is a no no.....Fired.
Now, companies may ban their employees from using any substance regulated by the FDA or state or federal law.
For example. Some firms are warning their employees that tobacco use is a violation of company policy. Use of tobacco can and will be used to terminate employment for cause.
The reasoning is that the company considers tobacco use to be unhealthy.

If the Supreme Court rules, they would need to rule on the Federal laws which says pot is illegal. That is the only way I can see that going in the Supreme Court did rule.

How can you tell which employee is stoned at work? he's probably the on that spends most of his paycheck at the snack machine on munchies. :)
Current federal law makes use of marijuana illegal. The federal government has of yet not prosecuted to stop states from legalizing the drug.

That's a lawsuit waiting to happen. Can you post any support to companies thinking about terminating for tobacco use?

Funny you should mention tobacco use. A friend of mine got fired a few weeks ago for smoking on the job. Boss came around the corner and he couldn't hold it in much longer and exhaled. Had 30 some years with the company. I think there are other things that went on in the background that led to this. If not, I think he should of least got a warning.

I quit smoking 10 days ago. "I hope". Its been a hellish 10 days and I hope to hang on. The wife followed my example and quit a few days after me. It's been hell in this house as today is the one year anniversary of our sons death due to a heroin overdose. I mention this here because if there are other users on this site of this horrible scourge, death is sometimes the result and so is the extreme grief to the family.

I never smoked til I got drafted and got sent to Vietnam. I figured I had a 50 -50 chance to make it home again and why not smoke. We didn't even have to buy them, they were free. Sorry for my rant, bad day today.

Reactions: ChadT41 and AZ.
Congratulations on your 10 days and hope you continue, and condolence to your son's death, I know how tough that is to lose someone, As I recently lost a friend from excessive alcohol and cigarettes use

He was like family, friends for 15 years, sorry for getting personal in this thread.

Good luck on staying smoke free. And I don't know exactly how you feel as I have never lost anyone to H. But did have a friend that almost died.

Well, she did mull over methods of relocating herself to another astral plane.....

Just my two cents......you really might prefer it if this guy loses. If he wins, there very likely could be a huge backlash and crackdown on the qualifications for "medical marijuana".

In states where it is legal, it should be just as protect as other legal narcotics. Valium Percocet Vicodin etc. should hold the very same protection when issued as a medicine by a doctor. That should be non negotiable.

Reactions: whatchel1
I can remember back to 1987. Worked for Conrail at the time and there was big derailment in Maryland. I beleive 13 people died. The engineer said all railroad workers got high. That is what started all this random testing stuff.

It sucks to think this a$$hole screwed everything up for an entire country! And I used to rebuild Conrail train engines in the 70's. ;)

Ricky Gates was his name. He is now a drug counseler. Two guys missed that signal resulting in 16 deaths. The Railroads started this testing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)