Hope you liked my $92.

aquaman67

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
Tennessee
I have autopay.

My bill was $92. (It's more now. I had the free HBO and Showtime and kept it.)

So...

I see my dish auto pay come out of my account. Good.

I get a call from dish last night saying where's your payment? Not good.

I call and dish credited someone else's account with my money, and my autopay was cancelled. My autopay was cancelled but you managed to take out $92? I didn't cancel it.

Can you believe this? Has this happened to anyone else?

Now I'm short. My bill went to $116 I think she said. And they want two months plus a late fee. I'm like, ummmm, no. You can get my $92 back from who ever you gave it to, and I'll catch up the rest next month, minus the late fee....

So who ever got a $92 credit on your account, it wasn't Christmas after all....

Autopay screwed me up so bad a couple of years ago I called them and opted out of it. I just get my bills and have have my bank do scheduled payments to them automatically as the bill is mostly the same every month.

Dispute the charge with your bank, they will then pull the money back from whatever account it was credited to!

But seriously, they should be able to do a search with your credit card number to figure out where the money went to.

I have seen people call DISH customer service who never had an account do this and get their money credited back...

Call them up and say you do not have an account and see if they will research the charge by credit card number.

oh this is making me feel worse...

After my less than a week old 722 crapped out the support staff did a swap out for a 722k. They said they would hit my account for 179.99 and then immediately credit me for both the swap fee and the 29.99 mod because of all the hard times I've been having.

It's been a week now, 3 phone calls, and 1 chat session. 3 calls state the credit is sitting there and will post 24 hours later.
1 chat session states I wont see the credit until next statement (still dont see it on line, but I do see the charges)

I told them I would dispute the charge if they auto paid it.

I haven't even been a customer for a month and they've been running me through dog and pony

They charged me $49 fee and shouldn't have and told me it would not get charged on my credit card. It was charged. I contacted Dish, they told me all they could do is credit my account the $49 and to file dispute with credit card company. I called credit card company, disputed charge. I get automated call saying I got $49 credit on my bill. They said I would need to reinstate the credit card autopay. I got Cinemax for a year for a penny so I hope I can get that reinstated and that it didn't screw up that deal.

CEO

oh this is making me feel worse...

After my less than a week old 722 crapped out the support staff did a swap out for a 722k. They said they would hit my account for 179.99 and then immediately credit me for both the swap fee and the 29.99 mod because of all the hard times I've been having.

It's been a week now, 3 phone calls, and 1 chat session. 3 calls state the credit is sitting there and will post 24 hours later.
1 chat session states I wont see the credit until next statement (still dont see it on line, but I do see the charges)

I told them I would dispute the charge if they auto paid it.

I haven't even been a customer for a month and they've been running me through dog and pony

contact CEO @ echostar. com

You should definitely use a credit card with autopay. Its easier to put it in dispute.

Last year, I got an automated call telling me I was late on my payment. I called DISH and they said that they had trouble billing my credit card so they took me out of autopay. :eek:

The CSR suggested I make an immediate payment ( 2 months ) and he could enable the autopay. I told him I was only willing to give him the same credit card number and if they can't bill a VISA, thats really their problem.

After a moment of silence, he agreed and put through the payment. As a "courtesy" he waived the late fee.

I was furious. I told him that it was their system with the issue. I had done everything I was responsible for and it had nothing to do with me.

He then apologized and offered HBO / Showtime for some period of time. I said no thanks and hung up.

I've never had a problem with autopay. It goes on a credit card, not out of my bank account, just in case.

+1

I don't trust Dish with my bank account...let them fight it out with Citibank if they screw it up.
Same here. Let the credit card fight with dish, plus while you have a dispute opened, you dont have to pay that part of your credit card bill until it is settled. Also while the credit card is disputing with dish, dish is more likely to resolve to get their money than drag it out with a customer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts