Hopper 3 & Dish OTA Dongle Problem

Ok, sorry for taking so long to respond. First off, again I feel stupid, but when I pulled all my equipment back out planning to start the hook-up totally over, I just happened to see that the USB cable coming off the AMP running up to my conditioner wasn't plugged in so it wasn't getting power at all! So I had been trying to get all my locals with just the OTA antenna (Sensar III). As I said, I was only getting about half of those we have. But when I plugged the AMP in, Bingo, all locals we have available (Beaumont) came back & all at 100%. So it appears, at least in my case, that little Winegard Amp was necessary even though the Sensar is amplified itself. So not sure why it works, but the fact that it does, is all I need to know! But thanks to everyone who offered help; I truly appreciate it.

Ok here is what happens. When my receiver comes to a recording has a signal loss during playback that is when the receiver reboots.

Ok here is what happens. When my receiver comes to a recording has a signal loss during playback that is when the receiver reboots.
Don't know about a recording, I just get a message saying some of the recording is missing because of signal loss, but reboots have been happening to me ever since I got my OTA dongle. Happened this past week in fact...plane passed by, signal broke up, receiver rebooted.

Don't know about a recording, I just get a message saying some of the recording is missing because of signal loss, but reboots have been happening to me ever since I got my OTA dongle. Happened this past week in fact...plane passed by, signal broke up, receiver rebooted.

So my receiver isn’t the only one. My receiver did not reboot for this reason in the last 6 weeks.

So what I did last night is point the aerial to a different direction. Using the DISH receiver signal meter for local channels.

Obtained a signal of like 98. Hope this helps.