Hopper 3 Install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fpembleton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
S.C.
What is required more than just putting in the receiver for a Hopper3? I have 2 HWS and 1 Wired Joey and 1 Wireless.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

First, your two HWSs will have to go, you can't mix the Hopper 3 with other model Hoppers. Next you will need either a hybrid LNB or a hybrid 42 switch. Then your hub needs to be changed out to a hybrid hub.

As Bobby said, the H3 and the other Hoppers use 2 different means to transmit signal from the lnb's at the dish to the receiver. In order to get 16 channels down that little copper wir simultaneously, Dish had to do some really amazing stuff, called Hybrid diplexing, whereas the H@ and H2k only needed 3 channels to the receiver, they could use Dish pro technology.

Dish Pro Technology and Dish Hybrid Technology are not compatible, so most of the switchy things in the system must be removed and replaced and cannot co-exist.

First, your two HWSs will have to go, you can't mix the Hopper 3 with other model Hoppers. Next you will need either a hybrid LNB or a hybrid 42 switch. Then your hub needs to be changed out to a hybrid hub.
I have a HWS and had a service call around a year ago(bad LNB). I was on the western ARC but the tech told me he didn't have the necessary LNB in his truck so he switched me to the eastern arc and used the LNB's for the H3 because he said they were backwards compatible.

Does that sound right to you, and if so, does that mean I can upgrade to the H3 merely by swapping out the HWS? Thanks.

I have a HWS and had a service call around a year ago(bad LNB). I was on the western ARC but the tech told me he didn't have the necessary LNB in his truck so he switched me to the eastern arc and used the LNB's for the H3 because he said they were backwards compatible.

Does that sound right to you, and if so, does that mean I can upgrade to the H3 merely by swapping out the HWS? Thanks.

Yes, the Hybrid LNB's will work with any Hopper so if you have a Hybrid LNB then you should be able to directly swap your HWS for a Hopper 3.

This is a Dish Pro Plus lnb.
The hybrid should say DPH, not DPP.
My diagnostics menu reports the switch as Hybrid Twin EA.2.

Reactions: TheKrell
The entry next to switch is: DPP EA.2 Is that the Hybrid LNB?

Did the tech run a switch test after he supposedly changed your LNB? You could select 'Check Installation' from that same screen and do a switch test and see what that reports. If it comes back DPP it's DishPro Plus and that's not compatible with a Hopper 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts