Hopper 3 Joey receiver freezing after switching from a conventional TV to Roku Smart TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Brad Riha

Original poster
Mar 3, 2019
Wisconsin
Hi,
I just recently upgrade the Tv in my Room from a conventional HDTV to a Roku Smart TV.. TCL Model: 32S321 Serial Number: YKOO V0087991. I love the additional options it gives me however ever since I did that the Joey Receiver hooked up to that TV keeps freezing. It know longer automatically reboots after the daily reset time like the main hopper and the other two joeys do. The receiver also freezes if I let it go into standby, I cannot resume watching TV on that receiver without manually unplugging it from the wall and letting it reboot. Strangely, the main Hopper and other two joey receivers can be woken up from standby and resume their sessions just fine. The other three receivers automatically reboot after the 1 am Daily reset time too. Also strangely the green light on the freezing receiver never goes off unless or until I unplug it from the wall whereas thhe other ones do after 4 hours of inactivity. Does anyone havve any idea what may be going on? I just join dish in March 2019, so this whole home dvr is barely a year old.

Try turning off HDMI CEC for the port your Joey is plugged into, or for the whole TV is there is only that setting.

Try turning off HDMI CEC for the port your Joey is plugged into, or for the whole TV is there is only that setting.

There is also a way to turn this off on the Joey. I think it's in the remote setup for some strange reason...

Reactions: charlesrshell
There is also a way to turn this off on the Joey. I think it's in the remote setup for some strange reason...
Sorry if I was not clear enough. He should try turning it off on the TV. I know there is no way on the Joey. Note that I said "on the port that your Joey is plugged into." Not "on the Joey."

Sorry if I was not clear enough. He should try turning it off on the TV. I know there is no way on the Joey. Note that I said "on the port that your Joey is plugged into." Not "on the Joey."
What you think you know and what is correct are two separate things. The Krell is correct. You can turn CEC off on the Joey by pressing Home twice, Remote Control, go down to Advanced and turn CEC off. Of course he can turn CEC off on the TV as well.

The Krell is correct. You can turn CEC off on the Joey by pressing Home twice, Remote Control, go down to Advanced and turn CEC off.

That said, my problem persists even with CEC turned off. The issue is getting my TV to come on with that darn single power button on the 54. It is as though the IR portion is feeble. I must have LOS to the TV before it works. With my old 6.3's, I could point it at the ceiling, the wall, just about anywhere, and the TV would turn on just fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)