This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Hopper 3 switches from DVR or other channels to random live channels even when no timers are set

jordoncomp

Original poster
Apr 2, 2021
Guerneville
Hi, When using Hopper 3 or the 2 Joeys I also have I can be watching a channel live or using the DVD to watch somthing I trecorded and it will randomly switch to a live channel. THIS IS NOT another timer starting up a program like the normal case. This is when there are no timers set or scheduled. It's a intermittent issue (about once a day). I have updated everything and restarted regularly and it still happens and drives my wife crazy. I need help........

Hello, jordoncomp. It does sound like there may be a timer issue, if the channel is changing intermittently on the Hopper and Joeys in the system. Do you notice that when the channel changes that it goes to a channel that one of the other TVs is watching?

Hello, jordoncomp. It does sound like there may be a timer issue, if the channel is changing intermittently on the Hopper and Joeys in the system. Do you notice that when the channel changes that it goes to a channel that one of the other TVs is watching?

From your description the only way I can see it being a timer problem is if the Hopper 3 has the recording mode "auto tune" like the VIP Receivers have and you have one set.
Otherwise it isn't a timer problem, hate to disagree with DISH SUPPORT. Having even all tuners set to record would not divert you from watching a DVR program. Unless as I say it is an auto tune, that might.

If recordings can be set-up with Auto-tune, look for any in your list of timers.

Do any of your neighbors have Dish? In the past, I have seen some post that their neighbor's remote was controlling their TV. To fix the problem, there was a procedure for changing the channel that your remote uses. I am not sure if this is still a problem, but I thought I would mention it.