HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

Will we be able to use Dirt if we are going to be signing up as New Customers?
No, they apparently can't enter "new" orders.

A new customer will get a better deal than existing customers anyway, so need to have DIRT help. Some existing customers may be able to get a same or similar offer, mind you, but not all will. Since it's been mentioned that qualifying existing customers can get a Hopper 3 for no cost at all, new (qualified) customers will definitely be able to get the Hopper 3 for free as well.

Sorry if this was already answered..been reading threads like crazy on the hopper 3...when they say 16 tuners does that mean with. PTAT you can really record 19 shows at a time, or are there really 13 actual tuners and with PTAT it can record 16 shows at once.

There are 16 tuners. PTAT uses one. That leaves 15 for other uses. PTAT records 4 channels at one time. Add OTA and you have the ability to record 20 channels. PTAT 4, OTA 1 15 others.

It requires a change from the "node" design they use. They don't send that type of hardware for self-installs, so no, they won't let you do it yourself.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

It's for "user experience" reasons, is the impression given before. They don't want customers with a blazing fast Hopper 3 also using a dog-slow Joey 1. It just gives a bad impression.

To make sure it happens, Dish is setting up their systems to take out any chance of anyone allowing it to happen. A (new) technician gets a work order that can't include a Hopper 3 and Joey 1. That can cover new installs or upgrades.

That's what I recall, as well. Upon a H3 install, the current Joey's in the home will be swapped out for the latest Joey's for the reasons you had stated.

It's for "user experience" reasons, is the impression given before. They don't want customers with a blazing fast Hopper 3 also using a dog-slow Joey 1. It just gives a bad impression.

To make sure it happens, Dish is setting up their systems to take out any chance of anyone allowing it to happen. A (new) technician gets a work order that can't include a Hopper 3 and Joey 1. That can cover new installs or upgrades.

BTW, FWIW, it is finally good to see Dish take the "customer experience" above the Charlie "Cheap" factor. I guess old Ergen finally saw the light, or was it continual net loss of customers that did that? In all seriousness, this new attitude of "customer experience" could not only prevent high churn, but result in net increases of subscribers.

Reactions: Ziptied
Because the Hopper 3 has 16 tuners and you would have no need of the extra 2 that the Super Joey has. Even the Hopper 1 and 2 aren't compatible with H3. They can not co-exist with the new LNBs required for H3.

Joeys don't talk to the dish so they are compatible. The dish interface for Hopper 3 is different and therefore Hopper 2000, HWS, and Super Joey are not compatible.

Joeys don't talk to the dish so they are compatible. The dish interface for Hopper 3 is different and therefore Hopper 2000, HWS, and Super Joey are not compatible.
Well, the interface will still be the Carbon UI. The H1 and H2 will have that too, "soon".

So is there a new Joey that hooks up to it other than the 4k Joey
No, the regular Joeys and wireless Joeys work with the Hopper 3. There is talk of Dish swapping the very first version with a more recent model simply because it's "slow" (older hardware).